What's new

RT-BE96U Tri-Band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did. Probably have done that about 4 times now. I'm so frustrated with them. If they just wouldn't force updates my network would be functioning perfectly. I've never had better speeds than I did on the initial firmware. Essentially was the same as if I had an ethernet backhaul.
Same issue with the 5Ghz band on the AiMesh node encountered here. Rolled bacllk the firmware and factory reset both routers before configuring from scratch to fix it....and face the auto update issue you've mentioned. A workaround I tried was to enable SmartConnect for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands in the WebGUI. That way all my devices could get 5Ghz band speeds with the AiMesh node. However...when I disable SmartConnect, the 5Ghz band doesn't appear now at all, even with router reboots or after I 'forget' the network on my clients and add them back.

Same issue with the 5Ghz band on the AiMesh node encountered here. Rolled bacllk the firmware and factory reset both routers before configuring from scratch to fix it....and face the auto update issue you've mentioned. A workaround I tried was to enable SmartConnect for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands in the WebGUI. That way all my devices could get 5Ghz band speeds with the AiMesh node. However...when I disable SmartConnect, the 5Ghz band doesn't appear now at all, even with router reboots or after I 'forget' the network on my clients and add them back.
See, I thought about doing the smart connect thing and seeing if it would work. Glad to know it's a viable workaround. I didn't try it because I really just didn't feel like reconfiguring all my smart home devices that know the network with 5g in the name, especially since I didn't know for sure it would work. I also have a few devices that I was unable to setup correctly when smart connect was enabled, so since that time I've run separate SSIDs. Guess if they don't push a new firmware update fixing it in the next week or two I'll try it out. It feels like they don't even test this stuff. I've sent feedback. Hopefully there's a fix soon. I spent too much on these things for 5ghz to not work in a huge portion of my home.

So I found a fix for me. I enabled guest network pro. I set up a guest network that had a password and no scheduling. I enabled intranet access and set it up as 2.4ghz/5ghz. My intent was to connect devices to this. However, after the automatic reboot upon applying guest settings, my devices all connected to my regular network like they were supposed to. So 5ghz works at all my nodes again. I'm just going to leave it alone now. No need to even use the guest network, but I'm going to leave it active. When a future update fixes this bug, I'll just turn the guest network off. Maybe this will work for you too.

So I found a fix for me. I enabled guest network pro. I set up a guest network that had a password and no scheduling. I enabled intranet access and set it up as 2.4ghz/5ghz. My intent was to connect devices to this. However, after the automatic reboot upon applying guest settings, my devices all connected to my regular network like they were supposed to. So 5ghz works at all my nodes again. I'm just going to leave it alone now. No need to even use the guest network, but I'm going to leave it active. When a future update fixes this bug, I'll just turn the guest network off. Maybe this will work for you too.

It would be a favor for us all if you could go into the "Administration" tab, and use the "Feedback" report tab to report your findings to Asus. I've done this a few times, and it really doesn't take long.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll give that a try as well.

It would be a favor for us all if you could go into the "Administration" tab, and use the "Feedback" report tab to report your findings to Asus. I've done this a few times, and it really doesn't take long.

Thanks!
Cool. Did it! I provided feedback with the original bug as well. Hopefully they'll get it together or at least stop forcing updates to buggy firmware. If you wanna force me to update, at least let it be something well tested.

Cool. Did it! I provided feedback with the original bug as well. Hopefully they'll get it together or at least stop forcing updates to buggy firmware. If you wanna force me to update, at least let it be something well tested.
Did the same. Your workaround 'fixed' the issue for me as well.

No chance. They won't do it retrospectively.

What's the chances of these getting WiFi-7 certified now that it's been finalised?
Why would it matter? It's nothing more than a marketing bullet point that allows you can slap a sticker about on your box.

Why would it matter? It's nothing more than a marketing bullet point that allows you can slap a sticker about on your box.
Because surely if it's certified you can be sure you're getting the whole spec? If and when I do purchase a WiFi 7 router I'd want to make sure I get all the features such as MLO etc. A non certified device could potentially not support the full spec and claim they didn't have to as nothing was finalised at the time.

Not a daft speculation at all.

And a certified device isn't a guarantee that it supports all functions either.

Because surely if it's certified you can be sure you're getting the whole spec?
Again, what does that means concretely for your daily usage?

Some features within the specs are purely optional, and aren`t required to pass certification. If you are looking for one very specific feature, you have to check for yourself if it`s supported. A certification label won't confirm it.

I'd want to make sure I get all the features such as MLO
Asus already mentioned on their product page that MLO was scheduled for being added at a later time.

I've got a mesh of the RT-BE96U, GT-AX11000, and the RT-AC5300. After the December firmware updates for the 96 and 11000, The mesh section of the admin console (96U) shows the mesh nodes as offline. However, I know they are working fine, as I have multiple devices plugged in and working over ethernet. A recent hours long power outage did not fix. Does anyone know how to clean this up and get it to show the correct implementation? The 96U firmware seems to be a mess.

Also, I can't seem to find a support page anymore for the 5300 if anyone has a url for that?

Predictable? No.

Manpower required.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!