What's new

RT-N66U Power light slowly flashes.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

caseyatbt

New Around Here
I have heard these can be pretty bulletproof so I am hoping to save this one. I have had this router for some time and don't remember how it got to this point. The power light slowly flashes and it never boots up. I can put it in recovery mode and install a firmware but it still won't boot. I have read that after flashing the firmware, to leave it for several hours and it will eventually boot, but this one won't.
So I am asking if there is any thing else to try so that I can get it operational.

I have heard these can be pretty bulletproof so I am hoping to save this one. I have had this router for some time and don't remember how it got to this point. The power light slowly flashes and it never boots up. I can put it in recovery mode and install a firmware but it still won't boot. I have read that after flashing the firmware, to leave it for several hours and it will eventually boot, but this one won't.
So I am asking if there is any thing else to try so that I can get it operational.

Hook up a serial cable and see what it is doing.

well, yeah, that sounds like an electronics problem that may or may not be insurmountable depending on your skill set and interest in using it to resolve the issue.
can you ssh in to it when it's powered up? have you tried (when it's de-energized) blowing the dust out of the thing? Have you researched what a flashing power light on that model means?

Flashing power light means it's in recovery mode. Hooking up a serial cable to the router is simple. The hardest thing is taking the cover off.