What's new

Ruckus r500 vs Tplink Eap 225

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aty

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I’ve started looking into having a couple of access points in the house.

I’ve bought a TP Link eap 225 outdoor and was wondering how the signal strength and throughput on both 2.4and 5ghz is vs the indoor.

Also I’ve seen some Ruckus r500’s going for about the same price. I know these are old and you can install the unleashed firmware on them (but there is no further support going forward).

Does any body know if the Ruckus r500 would be better than the tp link? and if so how/why.

TIA

In case anybody was wondering I purchased a Ruckus r310 and the TP-Link eap225 outdoor.

The Ruckus is better both in terms of distance you get from the access point and the throughput at that location.

Of course I can’t use the Ruckus outside so I placed it next to the window where the TP Link was.

For a proper outdoor solution, you'll need to look to the T-series Ruckus models (IP-rated, fully weather sealed). But of course, you're going to spending considerably more per unit than the equivalent TP-Link.

For a proper outdoor solution, you'll need to look to the T-series Ruckus models (IP-rated, fully weather sealed). But of course, you're going to spending considerably more per unit than the equivalent TP-Link.

Cheers Trip,

I didn’t need an outdoor one in reality but I thought I’d get it instead of the indoor one just in case as it’s smaller.

I don’t suppose anyone knows if the indoor one is better than the outdoor one in terms of distance and speed?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!