What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's really bizarre. Can you try checking /tmp/syslog.log to see if it has anything more that's not in the ui for whatever reason?

There is a syslog.log and a syslog.log-1. However, I have since switched watchdog off and rebooted the system to get to a full system. If you want me to, I will set watchdog on again and reboot, but I can not do this until tonight (when people will not be on the system). If yes, please give me a list of everything that you want and I will try and get it for you. Also, let me know if there is anything you want me do first (ie run xxx to clear log or something). Also, let me know how you want me to transfer it to you since I'm limited to so many characters here.

Note, after I get this for you I will probably turn watchdog off and reboot to get to a good system but I'll try and wait to run anything else you need.

Here is a list of scripts I am running (I also have a simple script I wrote to check something but that is not run until after boot so it should not be interferring)

amtm 3.1.9 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-386.2 @ 192.168.81.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1 open Diversion v4.1.12
2 open Skynet v7.2.5
3 open FlexQoS v1.2.4

5 open scribe v2.4.3

j2 open ntpMerlin v3.4.1
j3 open scMerlin v2.3.0

j4 open spdMerlin v4.2.1
j6 open uiScribe v1.4.2

j7 open YazDHCP v1.0.2
vn open Vnstat v1.0.1

ep manage Entware packages

dc manage Disk check script dcl show log
sw manage Swap file /mnt/SWAP1 2.0G

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates

tenner says its unbound gui's fault. run sgui in unbound_manager to check for any updates, that's the old tab URL for the redirect page
That's strange. It was not that many days ago since I made a complete reinstall of unbound.
However, as you said I uninstalled the unbound gui and installed it again. However the unbound entry in menuTree.js still looked identical to me.

Still not rebooted yet (my family would kill me... apparently lack of internet also travels with the speed of light)

//Zeb

There is a syslog.log and a syslog.log-1. However, I have since switched watchdog off and rebooted the system to get to a full system. If you want me to, I will set watchdog on again and reboot, but I can not do this until tonight (when people will not be on the system). If yes, please give me a list of everything that you want and I will try and get it for you. Also, let me know if there is anything you want me do first (ie run xxx to clear log or something). Also, let me know how you want me to transfer it to you since I'm limited to so many characters here.

Note, after I get this for you I will probably turn watchdog off and reboot to get to a good system but I'll try and wait to run anything else you need.

Here is a list of scripts I am running (I also have a simple script I wrote to check something but that is not run until after boot so it should not be interferring)

amtm 3.1.9 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-386.2 @ 192.168.81.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1 open Diversion v4.1.12
2 open Skynet v7.2.5
3 open FlexQoS v1.2.4

5 open scribe v2.4.3

j2 open ntpMerlin v3.4.1
j3 open scMerlin v2.3.0

j4 open spdMerlin v4.2.1
j6 open uiScribe v1.4.2

j7 open YazDHCP v1.0.2
vn open Vnstat v1.0.1

ep manage Entware packages

dc manage Disk check script dcl show log
sw manage Swap file /mnt/SWAP1 2.0G

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates
pastebin (unlisted and PM me the url) is usually OK. really I just need a syslog showing the actual reboot events and then everything starting up. i don't know why your log is so truncated

pastebin (unlisted and PM me the url) is usually OK. really I just need a syslog showing the actual reboot events and then everything starting up. i don't know why your log is so truncated

OK, I turned on watchdog and rebooted. Booted OK. So I kept watchdog on. Rebooted 5 more times. 1 time I had the weird errors (missing CRONs and short log file) but other times it didn't. So, I don't know what is going on. I did copy the syslog file when I had the error, but I'm not sure if it is of any value now. Let me know if you still want it and I'll send it to you with pastebin.

@Jack Yaz just curious about some "AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE:" scMerlin log entries that I see pop up coincident with going to the web page ... I assume it's polling the temperature sensors?

Code:
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter rc_service: httpds 1211:notify_rc start_scmerlingetaddonpages;start_scmerlingetcronjobs
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216225.535 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:22 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216228.590 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:25 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216231.601 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:28 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216234.614 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:31 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216237.628 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:34 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216240.695 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:38 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216243.711 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:41 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216246.725 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:44 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216249.736 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:47 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216252.747 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:50 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216255.763 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:53 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216258.776 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:56 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216261.791 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4

Are these "normal and expected", or are they something related to a) that I have a newish RT-AX86U or b) that I have both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz Wifi turned Off?
The actual readout in scMerlin appears correct, with CPU temp showing a value and both Wifi's saying "Off".

Curious minds etc etc ...

Thanks Jack

@Jack Yaz just curious about some "AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE:" scMerlin log entries that I see pop up coincident with going to the web page ... I assume it's polling the temperature sensors?

Code:
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter rc_service: httpds 1211:notify_rc start_scmerlingetaddonpages;start_scmerlingetcronjobs
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul  5 09:26:19 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216225.535 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:22 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216228.590 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:25 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216231.601 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:28 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216234.614 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:31 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216237.628 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:34 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216240.695 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:38 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216243.711 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:41 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216246.725 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:44 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216249.736 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:47 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216252.747 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:50 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216255.763 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:53 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216258.776 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4
Jul  5 09:26:56 AsusRouter kernel: CONSOLE: 216261.791 wl1: wlc_iovar_ext: phy_tempsense: BCME -4

Are these "normal and expected", or are they something related to a) that I have a newish RT-AX86U or b) that I have both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz Wifi turned Off?
The actual readout in scMerlin appears correct, with CPU temp showing a value and both Wifi's saying "Off".

Curious minds etc etc ...

Thanks Jack
do you see the same thing on the Tools page or wherever it is the temperature is shown?

do you see the same thing on the Tools page or wherever it is the temperature is shown?

@Jack Yaz yes you are correct, if I go to Tools page and “hover” there for a few seconds and then go back to System Log those entries also appear, so seems like it’s “just the way it is” (for this model at least) and nothing different you are doing? Sorry for the distraction! :)

@Jack Yaz yes you are correct, if I go to Tools page and “hover” there for a few seconds and then go back to System Log those entries also appear, so seems like it’s “just the way it is” (for this model at least) and nothing different you are doing? Sorry for the distraction! :)
ok that's good, as i re-use that code. means i didn't break something, phew!

as to why it does that, i don't know

Hi @Jack Yaz , whenever I go to scMerlin page, all tabs are expanded. It takes few seconds to collapse some of the tabs that I have chosen to collapse previously. Other addons collapsed almost instantly. Is it possible to make it collapse faster like the others?

Hi @Jack Yaz , whenever I go to scMerlin page, all tabs are expanded. It takes few seconds to collapse some of the tabs that I have chosen to collapse previously. Other addons collapsed almost instantly. Is it possible to make it collapse faster like the others?
it depends on how fast/slow httpd on the router applies. since scmerlin generates a lot of content dynamically and needs to load files it can take a while until the code to set up click events and collapses them takes effect

which router do you see this on and are you use HTTP or https? if https, is the cert self signed or lets encrypt/other pki?

it depends on how fast/slow httpd on the router applies. since scmerlin generates a lot of content dynamically and needs to load files it can take a while until the code to set up click events and collapses them takes effect

which router do you see this on and are you use HTTP or https? if https, is the cert self signed or lets encrypt/other pki?
Im on RT-AC86U, using http. Just realized I have this logs whenever I open the page. Is this normal? I don't see similar logs with other addon page.

Code:
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 rc_service: httpd 1211:notify_rc start_scmerlingetaddonpages;start_scmerlingetcronjobs
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)

Im on RT-AC86U, using http. Just realized I have this logs whenever I open the page. Is this normal? I don't see similar logs with other addon page.

Code:
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 rc_service: httpd 1211:notify_rc start_scmerlingetaddonpages;start_scmerlingetcronjobs
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetaddonpages)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
Jul 20 23:57:50 RT-AC86U-DBA8 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start scmerlingetcronjobs)
yes normal, those service events are scMerlin's WebUI calling for updated addonpage and cronjob files to load and display

Code:
please try a force update (uf) at CLI and then check the page again. I've put a call for the code earlier in the load sequence, which will also fire again when everything is loaded. hopefully this will help!

please try a force update (uf) at CLI and then check the page again. I've put a call for the code earlier in the load sequence, which will also fire again when everything is loaded. hopefully this will help!
Yes, the page loading is so smooth now. I don't even see all fully expanded row gets collapsed, the page just open with expanded and collapsed parts in placed. It seems WebUI addons are the one that takes 3-5s to load. Since I had it collapsed it is hardly noticeable.

I'm trying out the new "sitemap" feature thru the SCMerlin GUI. It's pretty cool!

I wonder if it's possible to add/customize what you're able to see inside the sitemap. For example, if I wanted to add a link to FlexQoS?

Other than, it's really helpful.

If any add-ons (in the GUI) are available, the link is already there. :)

You didn't really think that @Jack Yaz would leave that for us to do manually? Lol

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!