What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm not sure for existing installs, but:
Code:
v.2.1.0 is now available
Changelog:
NEW: Added option to disable feature(s) that require a USB. This is currently only the list of running processes in the WebUI.
If you uninstall and reinstall you should be prompted whether to enable usb stuff, thus negating needing entware
Worked perfectly - thanks.

v2.2.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: CLI and WebUI lists of WebUI pages for addons
  • NEW: CLI menu shows URL for WebUI page
  • NEW: CLI commands for "about" and "help"
  • IMPROVED: Update function now includes a prompt rather than applying update
  • IMPROVED: Use colours in CLI menu to highlight settings
  • CHANGED: NTP timeout increased to 10 minutes

After the update ... the process list was empty (and not refreshing) and there is no memory and storage graphs, and neither temperatures are being shown.
So I went to the script and forced a new update ... uf ... but no luck.
I also tried to reset the WebUi http from ... scMerlin ... The WebUi was reset but the graphs, temps and the process lists didn’t appeared.

2B3302E3-5832-4933-AB8D-6C4176F608E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Same. Thing happened here
21542719-6460-4D61-8A36-1A009770B619.jpeg

After the update ... the process list was empty (and not refreshing) and there is no memory and storage graphs, and neither temperatures are being shown.
I also tried to reset the WebUi http from ... scMerlin ... The WebUi was reset but the graphs, temps and the process lists didn’t appeared.

View attachment 32621
Try CTRL-F5

View attachment 32621
To resolve this issue, launch scmerlin from ssh session (or from amtm menu). Select c ("View running processes"). This will prompt to install htop — confirm install, exit the CLI script, and you should be good to go. Apparently, it was inadvertently removed during the upgrade.

Last edited:
To resolve this issue, launch scmerlin from ssh session (or from amtm menu). Select c ("View running processes"). This will prompt to install htop — confirm install, and you should be good to go. Apparently, it was inadvertently removed during the upgrade.
Stumbled on to this by accident as I tried to see why nothing was showing up in the GUI, as soon as htop was installed all the stats updated...

To resolve this issue, launch scmerlin from ssh session (or from amtm menu). Select c ("View running processes"). This will prompt to install htop — confirm install, and you should be good to go. Apparently, it was inadvertently removed during the upgrade.
You are right htop was removed during the update. I launched scMerlin through amtm and I selected option c. Then htop was reinstalled and the process list is being shown in the ssh session. I can see the memory usage and the router temperatures when I am inside amtm. But the WebUi is still not showing the process list neither the graphs and router temperatures.

Weird, this didn't happen on neither my primary router or development router. There was a secondary entware update to htop specifically the other day, after the main raft of updates, i wonder if noone had installed that yet?

If so, and it was a botched update by entware, really nothing I can do :/
Speculating that the broken htop mistakenly registered itself as top, which would break the process list.

Confirmed, scmerlin only installs htop, there are no calls to remove it. Therefore, this is an upstream problem. Make check for entware updates and if htop is listed update it. Out of my control. htop is only used for option c in the CLI, the WebUI issues potentially have an additional cause which I am investigating since a missing top file would be retried and not block other elements

To resolve this issue, launch scmerlin from ssh session (or from amtm menu). Select c ("View running processes"). This will prompt to install htop — confirm install, exit the CLI script, and you should be good to go. Apparently, it was inadvertently removed during the upgrade.
False, unfortunately. scMerlin does not call "opkg remove" anywhere. Probably broken by Entware (hence the secondary update I saw only for htop). scmerlin checks if /opt/bin/htop exists and if it doesn't prompts if you'd like to install it.

I had htop updated before scmerlin upgrade and it wasn't removed. I had to do what figorr suggested - meaning using option w from scmerlin CLI. That fixed it.

Yes, i wrote post before you pushed 2.2.1 :) all is well. I can confirm that after updating to 2.2.1 process list is working

Yes, i wrote post before you pushed 2.2.1 :) all is well. I can confirm that after updating to 2.2.1 process list is working
v2.2.1 loads the addon pages via ajax which gives the option to retry if it fails. the old method would hard fail and prevent any further processing on the page.
when you load the WebUI now, on the page load it will fire off a call to the router to run scmerlin's addon generation mechanism, which I felt was a better approach than yet another cron job to refresh the list periodically. this is something I'm looking to adopt more and cut down the number of cron jobs in scripts

v2.2.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: CLI and WebUI lists of WebUI pages for addons
  • NEW: CLI menu shows URL for WebUI page
  • NEW: CLI commands for "about" and "help"
  • IMPROVED: Update function now includes a prompt rather than applying update
  • IMPROVED: Use colours in CLI menu to highlight settings
  • CHANGED: NTP timeout increased to 10 minutes
this is fixed in v2.2.1 :)
I like what you did there. Hats off to you. More coffee coming your way soon. As soon as I get my allowance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!