What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

testing request! i've added the ability to generate a "sitemap" on the scMerlin WebUI page. if you'd like to test, run
Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin develop
then visit the scmerlin WebUI page. the sitemap should appear at the bottom
How do you go from develop back to regular?

Goodmorning,

Thanks for the current develop branch, it looks very promising for my specific needs (creating a checklist for screenshots prior to a fresh install). I've copied the contents of the Site Map Section to M$ Word and Exported it to a PDF, after manually modifying it a bit, to preserve the hyperlinks (which always in handy if you want to skip to a certain page while you're still stuck behind the QIS-setup screen). I've inserted tick boxes in front of the relevant lines and attached the result for anyone else interested to use.

Two remarks I'd like to sumbit as feedback:
1. ParentalControls (without space) and Parental Controls (with space) are seeming duplicate, but they're not. One of the links leads to AIProtect Time Scheduling and the second one leads respectively AiProtection - Web & Apps Filters. Is there any way to create a distinction between these two?
2. Would it be possible to implement a tick box somehow to toggle to show the full urls behind the diffent items? When printing, the URLs below the page headers aren't visible anymore. I realise this is probably only useful for my intented use, but hey, I can always try...

Thanks again, Mr. Yaz. Very useful addition.

M.

Edit: corrected typos and layout in attachment.

Attachments

• Checklist for screenshots in case of a fresh config of your ASUS Router.pdf
    222.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Goodmorning,

Thanks for the current develop branch, it looks very promising for my specific needs (creating a checklist for screenshots prior to a fresh install). I've copied the contents of the Site Map Section to M$ Word and Exported it to a PDF, after manually modifying it a bit, to preserve the hyperlinks (which always in handy if you want to skip to a certain page while you're still stuck behind the QIS-setup screen). I've inserted tick boxes in front of the relevant lines and attached the result for anyone else interested to use.

Two remarks I'd like to sumbit as feedback:
1. ParentalControls (without space) and Parental Controls (with space) are seeming duplicate, but they're not. One of the links leads to AIProtect Time Scheduling and the second one leads respectively AiProtection - Web & Apps Filters. Is there any way to create a distinction between these two?
2. Would it be possible to implement a tick box somehow to toggle to show the full urls behind the diffent items? When printing, the URLs below the page headers aren't visible anymore. I realise this is probably only useful for my intented use, but hey, I can always try...

Thanks again, Mr. Yaz. Very useful addition.

M.

Edit: corrected typos and layout in attachment.
thanks for the feedback! re. ParentalControls/Parental Controls, that comes from the menutree code, the former doesn't actually have a name, rather its set to "__INHERIT__". For those cases I opted to just show the page filename. I can manually rename them, but it would be English only. I'm not sure if that's a problem, though?

Goodmorning,

re. the checkbox, is there a reason not to show the full URL the whole time? e.g. i could have tabname - URL
would that work for you?

Sitemap moved to its own page and added to the footer of the WebUI. now available for testing on develop

thanks for the feedback! re. ParentalControls/Parental Controls, that comes from the menutree code, the former doesn't actually have a name, rather its set to "__INHERIT__". For those cases I opted to just show the page filename. I can manually rename them, but it would be English only. I'm not sure if that's a problem, though?
To me personally 'no'. First thing I do when setting up a router is changing language back to English, but others might feel differently about that.

re. the checkbox, is there a reason not to show the full URL the whole time? e.g. i could have tabname - URL
would that work for you?

Yes, definitely. Maybe, just a suggestion, you could probably even skip the https://router.asus.com:8443/ or whatever one uses to save space and just mention tabname + trimmed url (.i.e. pagename), so everything could fit on one line. The upside: less space, the downside, only the tab (if the full url will stay bellow it) will be clickable.

Thanks for your efforts.

M.

Last edited:
To me personally 'no'. First thing I do when setting up a router is changing language back to English, but others might feel differently about that.

Yes, definitely. Maybe, just a suggestion, you could probably even skip the https://router.asus.com:8443/ or whatever one uses to save space and just mention tabname + trimmed url (.i.e. pagename, so everything could fit on one line. The upside: less space, the downside, only the tab (if the full url will stay bellow it) will be clickable.

Thanks for your efforts.

M.
i went ahead and added a checkbox for a global toggle as to whether or not the page URLs are shown, I'm quite happy with how it looks. currently only shows the relative URL
1628336556325.png

I'm very, very pleased with the result. a big thanks to @Jack Yaz. This was exactly what I was looking for and it didn't exist yesterday and now it does. Awesome. I customized the layout a bit to fit my needs and this will definitely will be a default part of the template folders I use for starting fresh along with a folder layout for jffs backup etc, static leases etc. I've attached the latest version in PDF, if anyone wants the original Word document, just let me know. The only thing I ask is that you leave the credits to Mr. Yaz intact.

Wow. I'm always a bit hesitant to start fresh, but thanks to your sitemap I now *might* actually have a feeling that I know what I'm doing... Well, sort of. At least it'll help with the methodical approach.

Edit: fixed typos and layout in attached checklist, reduced margins have a better fit. For Letter size users, the attached document is set to ISO A4.

Attachments

• Checklist for screenshots.pdf
    208.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I'm very, very pleased with the result. a big thanks to @Jack Yaz. This was exactly what I was looking for and it didn't exist yesterday and now it does. Awesome. I customized the layout a bit to fit my needs and this will definitely will be a default part of the template folders I use for starting fresh along with a folder layout for jffs backup etc, static leases etc. I've attached the latest version in PDF, if anyone wants the original Word document, just let me know. The only thing I ask is that you leave the credits to Mr. Yaz intact.

Wow. I'm always a bit hesitant to start fresh, but thanks to your sitemap I now *might* actually have a feeling that I know what I'm doing... Well, sort of. At least it'll help with the methodical approach.
i'm pleased to hear you like it :)

might be worth making sure the generated site map contains all of the pages. it seems to on my 2 routers, but that's a very small dataset!

i'm pleased to hear you like it :)

might be worth making sure the generated site map contains all of the pages. it seems to on my 2 routers, but that's a very small dataset!

I will check to see if I'm come across anything that isn't on the site map.

Thanks!

One (or actually two) thing(s) I just noticed is that AiProtection as well as USB Application don't have a separate header. This is probably because of the existing menu structure you're using to generate the site map, I assume? I've manually edited them in my checklist because, well, OCD and such...

bmP3z5r.png

q31CUil.png

Just nitpicking here.... Carry on!

@Jack Yaz, this is phenomenal progress on this great feature. May I dare ask, what's next? :D

@Hazel, that PDF is splendid work for getting/keeping your settings organized and under control!

Thank you for the offer! I may take you up on that soon.

Thank you for the offer! I may take you up on that soon.

After some careful consideration during the sleepless hours of the night it seems only fair to me that you at least consider to provide (some of) the most used @L&LD tutorials in PDF format as well, preferably with checkboxes for idiots like me. Please.

Updated SCmerlin on my AX86U on brave browser and noticed left side menu is odd now. Anyone else?
FireShot Capture 001 - ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - Network Map - 192.168.1.1.png

Edit: Edge seems fine....just brave browser. Made sure brave shield is off as well. Odd....

Possible reason??
1628432022817.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!