What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I would be happy to put a stamp on a bill and entrust it to the post office (don't do paypal or ilk so I'd need a snail mail addy). Might even splurge and use an envelope. On a slightly more serious note, there is no way I could afford to properly pay all the people whose work I am using. Don't think I ever could.
I’ve donated small amounts to Jack a couple of times in the past via his PayPal but I’m happy to throw in again. He is UK based. Probably rather do it via his existing preferred channels rather than over-complicating it with a GoFundMe though …
This is all getting a bit Off-Topic as well? :)
well, with me, that makes 10% of the way there...anyone else willing to step up, off-topic or not? we gotta keep the Yaz-man current for the rest of us, after all ;-p

In regards to the Sitemap Generator, is there any way to make these 'pop up/over' windows appear in the site map? I noticed they don't have their own html page, but still, is there a way to 'catch' and display them for example on a line below the page from where they can be reached. I don't know if there are many, I'm just working my way down my list and just came across this:

LcsPMbt.png

And another remark: I just noticed that when saving pages (using the tip from @netware5), the page addresses are being saved using a completely differently name than the addresses in the sitemap. It's all recognizable (so far at least), but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

For example:

When I go to AIProtection and leave the selector on Web Apps & Filters, the address bar in Firefox shows:

https://192.168.1.1:8443/AiProtection_WebProtector.asp (Like the sitemap does, in it's relative version)

However, if I use the Save Page function in Firefox, it saves the page and all that's required to show it when re-loaded as:

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Web & Apps Filters.htm

The same goes for Time Scheduling for example:

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Time Scheduling.htm

It's not a big deal, but just a heads up that (some?) pages are saved under different names than shown in the sitemap.

One last remark:, sligtly of topic, but I don't know where to post it elsewhere. I can't reply to the thread where @netware5 posted his original tip as the thread is closed and to much time has gone by, bugt I just wanted to add, as the Firefox Menu Bar is hidden with me by default, that I'm simply using CTRL-s (which would be most likely be ⌘ - s on a Mac), which uses the same default setting (Save complete page) but works a lot faster than heading back to the menu at the top of screen every time. This might be useful for @L&LD an others well, I figured.

In regards to the Sitemap Generator, is there any way to make these 'pop up/over' windows appear in the site map? I noticed they don't have their own html page, but still, is there a way to 'catch' and display them for example on a line below the page from where they can be reached. I don't know if there are many, I'm just working my way down my list and just came across this:

LcsPMbt.png
I would have to manually add those on a page ny page basis, as they're not surfaced in the tab/menu code.

I would have to manually add those on a page ny page basis, as they're not surfaced in the tab/menu code.
I expected that much. I'll see how much I can find and it's entirely up to you whether it's worth the trouble.

Another question, forgive me if crossing boundaries again, but would it (technically) to be possible to proceed each line with an url in it with an empty checkbox? That would make things even more easy: no need to copy to a text editor like M$ Word to manually place a checkbox in front of each line, just print the frame (without the background color in greyscale) or I'm thinking to easy and causing you headaches. If so, please ignore.

I expected that much. I'll see how much I can find and it's entirely up to you whether it's worth the trouble.

Another question, forgive me if crossing boundaries again, but would it (technically) to be possible to proceed each line with an url in it with an empty checkbox? That would make things even more easy: no need to copy to a text editor like M$ Word to manually place a checkbox in front of each line, just print the frame (without the background color in greyscale) or I'm thinking to easy and causing you headaches. If so, please ignore.
the answer in technology is usually yes, it comes down to how difficult.
in this case, easy enough to render in the webui, I'll have a go and see how it fares with copy and pasting. can't promise it will be any time soon, however, connmon's new WebUI is the priority

in this case, easy enough to render in the webui, I'll have a go and see how it fares with copy and pasting. can't promise it will be any time soon, however, connmon's new WebUI is the priority
Thanks for considering it in the first place. If below is a simpler solution, don't let me hold you back. I'm just as fine with that ;)

DNvxoOb.png

Hi there,

Is it possible to add a button that restarts the firewall service?

After working through the checklist I created with use of the sitemap generator, there are a few things I've noticed:

First of all: many, many pages end up trying to be saved with the same name. For instance: there are multiple 'General' tabs, which will all default to ...general.htm when saved. Throughout the list there are many similar issues which require manual action.
Another issue, which is even bigger, but beyond the scope of your sitemap, if I save a page with pull down menu, the data from the non-default value of the pull down menu isn't saved. Apparently apply.cgi is called, which results in an error when doing that from a saved file. So the solution by @netware5 works great for simple pages with selectable values (like 2.4 and 5 Ghz) but otherwise you'll have to fall back to either making traditional screenshots (of which the values can't be copied) or to be aware of the pull down menus and save all the options (which, for instance with the VPN Clients become slightly more work) and off course, you need to manually rename all of them to be still recognisable. In other words, there's more work to it than I expected at first.

A last remark, as a SiteMap it's great that all the pages are available, but for the Checklist I'm gonna be more selective which ones to save and which not. There's no need to save pages without user values, it'll only cost you (a lot) more time.

Nevertheless, still happy with feature, I could have done it without it.

One feature request, could the side expanding submenus from the menu bar on the left be made optional with a toggle on the scMerlin page? Maybe it's just me, due to tremors, but I find myself clicking the wrong items all the time. And without the expanded menu's (so just using the regular tabs) there's more space between the tabs than the line distance between the expanding menu items.

Best regards,
Marco

How do you uninstall the graphical changes on the router GUI implemented by scMerlin? I have uninstalled scMerlin, but the Sitemap tab is still there on the Addons page and the popups are still there as you hover over the tabs on the left side of the router GUI.

have you rebooted it?

try force refresh browser ( CTRL + F5 ).

How do you uninstall the graphical changes on the router GUI implemented by scMerlin? I have uninstalled scMerlin, but the Sitemap tab is still there on the Addons page and the popups are still there as you hover over the tabs on the left side of the router GUI.
@Jack Yaz

Not sure if it is an issue with earlier builds, but with 386.7_1-gd1340bd88e, you get the side bar looking like this.

1657746444456.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!