What's new

Script error with firefox

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hi guys

using firefox i get the following script msg error occasionally when using the snb forum , it doesnt seem to happen on any other site

https://z.moatads.com/quantcas…224&uid=Vrm0_AAO734KaInEhgVb3Q:8

firefox version is 43.0.3

just letting you know and if anyone else has seen this before

Does it happen with the current version of firefox? (Yours is outdated).

Does it happen with another browser? If no; it is your firefox plugins. If yes; it is your system's configuration.

using firefox i get the following script msg error occasionally when using the snb forum , it doesnt seem to happen on any other site

Regional ad provider's banner ad/javascript perhaps?

Things have been ok here in the US across different browsers...

This is what I get right now (11Jun16 21:37 PT)
Firefox can't find the server at secure-ds.serving-sys.xn--urstingscript-9q16e.

That's odd - wonder if your ISP is doing ad-insertion - many do to the chagrin of site owners, as the ISP is sneaking revenue opportunities away due to the substitution (or worse, the ad, while suppressed, is sent as a page view, nasty stuff)

While normally we don't talk about ad-blockers, Ghostery can be handy to localize which ad-provider is causing concerns thru selective blocking - then it's an iterative process of elimination.

An alternate approach would be to go to tools -> Web Developer, and there you might see the offending URL in the debug.

Once it's found, the admins can go back to the provider with the problem report.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!