What's new

Seem to have lost "app" tracking in Traffic Analyzer - Stats in NG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy S.

New Around Here
I recently took the plunge and upgraded my AC3200 to the most recent Stable on the new codebase. Just about everything is working great, with one minor exception: I have noticed that while the Traffic Analyzer stats page is still showing which machines are consuming bandwidth hourly, all traffic is now listed as "General", whereas previously it seemed to be able to further subdivide traffic into various apps or protocols. This was helpful for finding bandwidth hogs - now I know the machine to look at, but have to do more work to figure out which app is being piggy.

RMerl, are you aware of any particular reason why this might be the case? I have just reset the traffic db just in case cleaning it will somehow help, but too soon to see any new stats yet.

Thanks,
Andy

Try upgrading to 384.4 Beta 1 to see if it makes any difference.

You can also try removing your existing DPI signatures by using the option to erase/format the JFFS partition under Administration -> System, then rebooting your router once, waiting about 5 minutes, then rebooting it a second time. After that, give it 5-10 mins for it to update its signatures.

Thanks! Clearing the JFFS and letting it repopulate seems to have done the trick. (Did have to manually SCP some of the other JFFS stuff like openvpn config back to the partition, but I was prepared, it was fine.)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!