1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Seing packet loss while downloading even if i have plenty of bandwith left over

Discussion in 'Routers' started by Enzosomething, Mar 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Enzosomething

Enzosomething New Around Here

Hi!, i have an asus rog GT-AC5300 and im seing packet loss in csgo everytime someone downloads. Even if the person downloading have limit way under the available bandwith i still see packet loss. This goes away the moment the person stops downloading. I have tried both without adaptive QOS on and with it off. Both have the same issue.

What i have read you should always see 0% packet loss right?

2. MichaelCG

MichaelCG Very Senior Member

Packet loss on the WAN? Packet loss on the LAN? Packet loss on WiFi?

Packet loss happens on networks. It is less likely on non-saturated connections, but many things can cause it to happen.

Now if you have WiFi in the picture, it is a shared medium. Packet loss is part of life and absolutely will happen if the airspace is busy/dirty.

3. Enzosomething

Enzosomething New Around Here

Hi, sorry I forgot to Mention. All pcs are connected to 1gbit switches. There are 2 different computers that users totally different branded switch and port on the router. Both have the same experience. I use mostly cat5e cables. Mayby some cat6

4. degrub

degrub Very Senior Member

you could run a test between the two PCs on the lan side to see if anything is showing up. probably will not, since both are seeing it. Most likely is across the internet to whatever server you are connecting to. Possible to be the router itself.
    Check the router logs and connection performance page and see what it is recording.