What's new

Seing packet loss while downloading even if i have plenty of bandwith left over

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enzosomething

New Around Here
Hi!, i have an asus rog GT-AC5300 and im seing packet loss in csgo everytime someone downloads. Even if the person downloading have limit way under the available bandwith i still see packet loss. This goes away the moment the person stops downloading. I have tried both without adaptive QOS on and with it off. Both have the same issue.

What i have read you should always see 0% packet loss right?

Packet loss on the WAN? Packet loss on the LAN? Packet loss on WiFi?

Packet loss happens on networks. It is less likely on non-saturated connections, but many things can cause it to happen.

Now if you have WiFi in the picture, it is a shared medium. Packet loss is part of life and absolutely will happen if the airspace is busy/dirty.

Packet loss on the WAN? Packet loss on the LAN? Packet loss on WiFi?

Packet loss happens on networks. It is less likely on non-saturated connections, but many things can cause it to happen.

Now if you have WiFi in the picture, it is a shared medium. Packet loss is part of life and absolutely will happen if the airspace is busy/dirty.
Hi, sorry I forgot to Mention. All pcs are connected to 1gbit switches. There are 2 different computers that users totally different branded switch and port on the router. Both have the same experience. I use mostly cat5e cables. Mayby some cat6

you could run a test between the two PCs on the lan side to see if anything is showing up. probably will not, since both are seeing it. Most likely is across the internet to whatever server you are connecting to. Possible to be the router itself.
Check the router logs and connection performance page and see what it is recording.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!