What's new

Selective routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Greeno

Regular Contributor
Hello.
I use a router RT-AC68U "(Asus RT-AC68U with Firmware: Merlin build).
I have configured the OpenVPN client and everything works nicely.
I would, however, that all Internet traffic was carried out by ip my ISP when I am connected to the server openvpn. Openvpn connection I want to use as a service under a different IP address, and the entire Internet traffic to take place through the WAN interface.
The routing table there are a few such thing as a metric. How to set the metric to always have precedence routing through the WAN interface?

How do I set this up?

Hello.
I use a router RT-AC68U "(Asus RT-AC68U with Firmware: Merlin build).
I have configured the OpenVPN client and everything works nicely.
I would, however, that all Internet traffic was carried out by ip my ISP when I am connected to the server openvpn. Openvpn connection I want to use as a service under a different IP address, and the entire Internet traffic to take place through the WAN interface.
The routing table there are a few such thing as a metric. How to set the metric to always have precedence routing through the WAN interface?

How do I set this up?

just set "Redirect Internet Traffic" to Off on the webui.

Sorry but if "Redirect Internet Traffic" is enabled or disabled in the WebUI attachment is via openvpn (TUN interface).

Sorry but if "Redirect Internet Traffic" is enabled or disabled in the WebUI attachment is via openvpn (TUN interface).

Then I don't understand what you are trying to do here. That option would do what your first post said: disabling this option will mean that all traffic will go through your ISP rather than through the OpenVPN tunnel.

Sorry. You're right. I checked again openvpn server configuration, and it turned out that I configured it incorrectly. I call honor and thank you for your help. Regards.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!