What's new

Setting up VPN tunnel profiles with Asus RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shaneoh

New Around Here
I recently bought a Asus RT-AX88U to replace an older Draytek we were using in our company network. We were mainly looking to improve performance with regards to VPNs.

With the old router, we had AWS site-to-site VPN tunnels connected between an AWS transit gateway and the router. This allowed access to our VPCs. I'm trying to replicate this on the Asus but it doesn't seem possible.

I believe I need access to something like this - and yeah, I'm aware that's a completely different model, but I think that's the feature I'm needing. However the AX88U doesn't appear to have the option within the IPSec VPN section to add profiles as the BRT models seem to. The IPSec VPN section doesn't appear to give me the ability to enter the information I need to enter to get the tunnels up.

We're running the latest firmware version (3.0.0.4.384_6210).

Can't seem to find anyone talking about this anywhere online either.

So, does anyone have experience with using this model to set up a site-to-site VPN tunnel with AWS, or indeed anything that might be useful? Or is it simply not possible and we need to upgrade?

Fair enough. As I have no experience with AWS transit gateways, I was hoping that the information, in a general sense, would help you to resolve your issues.

Fair enough. As I have no experience with AWS transit gateways, I was hoping that the information, in a general sense, would help you to resolve your issues.
Yeah, thanks for that. I've had a good read through and there's some useful information overall, so thanks - but it seems like maybe it's a weird limitation on this model.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!