What's new

Setting up GT-AX11000 Pro via Xfinity enabled bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hckeycraze1968

New Around Here
When I enabled bridge mode on my Xfinity Gateway to use my new GT-AX11000 router.
The new router never recognized the internet signal. I currently live in a mobile home park and the Xfinity technician stated that the signal is poor in the park and just as weak to my home. When the Gateway is bridge mode enabled, I noticed the MoAC capabilities were turned off. Doesn't this feature increase signal via coax cables? Could this be the cause for the new router not picking up an internet signal? I would like to upgrade my home network on my own but it has become increasingly difficult, over the years. Any help would be appreciated.

Putting the gateway in bridge mode turns the gateway into just a dumb modem no features at all just a data transfer device. Moca has nothing to do with bridging your gateway to your Asus router. You need to check your signal stats number one and see if your getting the proper signals for a soild connection. If so then bridge the gateway hook up you Asus router and reboot both devices. The Asus router should obtain your public IP address from the gateway and your good to go. Sounds like you may need a tech out as there already telling you it's not right. Check your levels.

Putting the gateway in bridge mode turns the gateway into just a dumb modem no features at all just a data transfer device. Moca has nothing to do with bridging your gateway to your Asus router. You need to check your signal stats number one and see if your getting the proper signals for a soild connection. If so then bridge the gateway hook up you Asus router and reboot both devices. The Asus router should obtain your public IP address from the gateway and your good to go. Sounds like you may need a tech out as there already telling you it's not right. Check your levels.
How do I check my signal stats? Can I do that via my cell phone?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!