What's new

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.....!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rirusssma

Regular Contributor
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings of RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

Every time we make the slightest change on the Router we get the above message. We have tried restarting the Router and we still get the message. The only way to regain access to it is to restart the PC.

This does not seem right, what are we doing wrong?

Any help on this?

Using Firmware 378.53

try cleaning your browser cache

try cleaning your browser cache
Thanks so much for your reply, however, we did clear all the cache from beginning of time and it does not avoid getting that message or page not available (192.168.1.1). Did restart the PC and it goes back to normal.

Any ideas?

Browsing.jpg

If you have an option for 'offline caching' or 'offline viewing' in your browser disable that for the router address.

If you have an option for 'offline caching' or 'offline viewing' in your browser disable that for the router address.
Looked every part I could think of in Chrome with no results. Or is it in the Router's menu? Couldn't find the 'offline' part.

I thought that might have been Chrome, but not using it myself wasn't sure. AFAIK, for chrome it's disabled by default and you really have to work at it to get it turned on.

One thing you might try with Chrome is to force a cache refresh of the page by Ctrl-Shift-R.

But I'm still at a loss as to why you are seeing it with any change....are you using any type of password manager? you might try disabling that for the router address. Also, some anti-virus products can be troublesome (ESET for example)...if there is an option to not scan certain web addresses in your AV, also try disabling the router address for those scans.

I thought that might have been Chrome, but not using it myself wasn't sure. AFAIK, for chrome it's disabled by default and you really have to work at it to get it turned on.

One thing you might try with Chrome is to force a cache refresh of the page by Ctrl-Shift-R.

But I'm still at a loss as to why you are seeing it with any change....are you using any type of password manager? you might try disabling that for the router address. Also, some anti-virus products can be troublesome (ESET for example)...if there is an option to not scan certain web addresses in your AV, also try disabling the router address for those scans.

Yes, john9527, something like updating the Wireless - Wireless MAC Filter will block the access to the router after it has completed and then get that message. I also tried it with Firefox and, also, the way to get back to normal is restarting the PC.

Thank you for the input...

Any other recommendation on how to work around this problem? The clearing of the History, etc. does not help. Every time the Router is modified or Rebooted the only way to get it back to 'normal' and access the Router is by restarting the PC. otherwise I get that message or Page Not Available..

Thanks in advance !!!

Last edited:
Obviously there is something unique with your configuration.
- Have your done a reset to factory defaults and manually reconfigured after your latest firmware upgrade?
- Are you changing the default router address, netmask, or DNS servers?
- What is your nvram usage on the Tools/Sysinfo tab?

Obviously there is something unique with your configuration.
YES ---- Have your done a reset to factory defaults and manually reconfigured after your latest firmware upgrade?
NO---- Are you changing the default router address, netmask, or DNS servers?
SEE PICT----- What is your nvram usage on the Tools/Sysinfo tab?

I Downloaded and used Firefox and CLEARED the cache and I could get back to the Router with 192.168.10.1. But can't do it through Chrome.???

2015-05-26_13-02-17.jpg

OK....nvram is fine. Temperatures are fine.

I may have an idea......how are you accessing the router.
Wired or Wireless?
Mac or Linux or Windows?
Manual or Static or DHCP address assignment?

If you are using DHCP assigned addresses, try going to the 'LAN->DHCP Server' tab and at the bottom of the page manually assign an address for the PC you are using.

OK....nvram is fine. Temperatures are fine.

I may have an idea......how are you accessing the router.
WIRED ----- Wired or Wireless?
WINDOWS 8.1 ----- Mac or Linux or Windows?
STATIC IP ----- Manual or Static or DHCP address assignment?

If you are using DHCP assigned addresses, try going to the 'LAN->DHCP Server' tab and at the bottom of the page manually assign an address for the PC you are using.

I did just assign the DHCP at LAN--> DHCP Server as follows:

Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list (Max Limit : 128)
70:54:C2:C5:93:A8 192.168.10.149 Main_Computer

Will test Chrome like this.

Thanks again...

Well, you killed my idea :(

You can also get the 'Settings have changed' message if the network parameters change for the attached PC. If it was Apple Wireless connection, they do a HW address rotation which would cause a different ip when it reconnected.

See if using Incognito mode (Chrome) or Private Browsing mode (Firefox) fixes your problem. These modes should avoid any cache or temp-file related problems and narrow whether you have a browser problem or router problem.

The caching that browsers do sometimes causes problems and these non-caching modes can be very useful. Like when I visit https://routerIP while setting up a LAN, then later I need non-SSL http://routerIP but the smart ol' browser stubbornly redirects all http destined for routerIP to https:// blocking me from connecting. Fun.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!