What's new

Should airtime fairness be disabled?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That said, I also see disabling it as a common first step in troubleshooting wireless issues.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That said, I also see disabling it as a common first step in troubleshooting wireless issues.

I was reading someone earlier said that their chromecast was giving them issues and was wondering if that may be a cause in some internet slowdown from time to time.

I was reading someone earlier said that their chromecast was giving them issues and was wondering if that may be a cause in some internet slowdown from time to time.
Well as they say, there’s only one way to find out.

The consensus on SNB from what I've read is that you should turn it off. It really only helps in a crowded environment with a mix of slow and fast clients. I've read so many posts where someone is having wifi issues and turning off airtime fairness has fixed them.