What's new

Skynet Skynet removes 30 banned ranges this morning - should I be worried?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dickensr4lf

New Around Here
All,
I've been following this forum for a few years and have been running AsusWRT-Merlin on an RT-AC86U for about 6 months now, but first time posting. I am looking at the logs to Skynet and I saw below this morning (7:25AM EST), where Skynet is reporting 30 fewer Ranges banned. I'm used to seeing that number go up over time, and would expect a correction to remove a error from time to time, but not 30 at one time. Is this legit?

Skynet Screenshot 2021-01-31 085131.png

Thanks

It looks like there was a manual change made to your banned ranges. Your time stamp shows an out of schedule change at 07:25:52, every other entry is on schedule at the top of the hour. Maybe it was a router reboot that triggered a manual update, or a whitelist change was made in option 4.

It looks like there was a manual change made to your banned ranges. Your time stamp shows an out of schedule change at 07:25:52, every other entry is on schedule at the top of the hour. Maybe it was a router reboot that triggered a manual update, or a whitelist change was made in option 4.
Skynet cron always runs the #banmalware event at 25 minutes after some random hour. The #save event are run on the hour, as you state.
Code:
25 7 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware #Skynet_banmalware#
3 1 * * Mon sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update #Skynet_autoupdate#
0 * * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save #Skynet_save#

As @cptnoblivious said - the blacklists are constantly updated so you should expect to see day to day variation.