What's new

Small business network with 2 SSIDs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

domHY

New Around Here
Hi everybody.
I work at a small school where we have 2 different complete networks, from ISP to wireless router. One is for students and the other for staff members. Sometimes we have problems with connectivity, but mostly we have a range problem.
I have been tasked to find a way to have a good signal all over the campus, and at the same time keep costs down. I was thinking of installing a high power exterior AP like this one http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/outdoor-access-points-client-bridges/16751-ens202ext and set up 2 SSIDs on one network. I have quite a lot of experience configuring Linksys routers, but have never done anything like this. Can you enlighten me on how best to tackle this project?

Thanks

I would email Engenius educational sales support at edu.solutions@engeniustech.com or open at account at a reseller such as CDW or Tessco, they all have substantial resources to help you plan out a design and ask you the right questions based on stuff like premise size, # of users, bandwidth needs, security needs, budget, etc for a WLAN/LAN. And they sell and support a large install base vs a large base of mostly theoretical suggestions you'll get online.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!