What's new

Solved: Cannot access Cisco Linksys Powerline AV PLW400 Advanced Wireless web page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JaySan

New Around Here
I just received my PLWK400 kit from B&H yesterday. I configured the PLE400 just like the others I already have, and went to configure the PLW400 (the one with Wifi) and am having some issues.

I can configure via the Cisco Powerline AV Utility v1.3.0.0 (Mac OS X 10.7.4) just fine as far as that goes. However, on the "Wireless Setting" tab, in the lower section subtitled "Advanced Wireless" there is a link to http://169.254.0.1. I can ping and connect to that IP address and URL. However, and this is the problem, that page is requesting a username and password (ie. HTTP 401 with a "WWW-Authenticate" header).

Nowhere in any Cisco documentation, or support web page, does it ever mention a username and/or password. I have tried every combination I can think of (ie. usernames "admin", "administrator", "root" even the serial number, mac address, etc). Also, same for the password (I've tried "HomePlugAV", the key from the barcode on the device, etc etc etc).

Out of desperation I even tried a chat session with Cisco support yesterday but got so frustrated, I had to disconnect. It seemed to be taking a very long time to get nowhere...

My question is this: Does anyone else have a PLW400, and are you able to connect to it's internal web configuration page? If so, how did you do that? (What firmware version is it?)

PLW400 username/password

I accessed the advanced wireless setup page by using a blank username and admin for the password.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!