What's new

(solved) Dnscrypt blocked-names.txt automatically deleted upon modification

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Boji

Occasional Visitor
For the last week or so, blocked-names.txt is being deleted immediately after saving if I edit the file via winscp. The only way to prevent the file from being deleted is by doing the edits on a windows machine, and copying a backup from the windows machine into the dnscrypt folder, I use winscp for this copy process also, without problem.

Is some security feature going haywire?

I will note, if the files contents is replaced with random text, or empty, this problem does not exist. Its just the current blocklist im using thats being deleted, like it is being scanned as malware or something of that matter.

ASD daemon will delete blocklists downloaded to certain places on the router if they contain certain known malware domains. Better to download directly to USB or addons directory.

ASD daemon will delete blocklists downloaded to certain places on the router if they contain certain known malware domains. Better to download directly to USB or addons directory.
Its downloaded to /jffs/dnscrypt

So, point dnscrypt-proxy.toml's blocklist to the USB/Addons folder you are saying?

Yeah, did that, now its fine! Thanks dave!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!