What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Schedule customisation, what do people want?
  • Option to disable automatic tests
  • Configuration of test frequency
  • Configuration of allowed times for automatic tests
?

Schedule customisation, what do people want?
  • Option to disable automatic tests
  • Configuration of test frequency
  • Configuration of allowed times for automatic tests
?
Starting minute within hour (to deconflict with other cron jobs)

So option 2. I'll probably implement cron control of minutes and hours. Will that be sufficient?

I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the first posts. :)

I really thought it would be all of those options.

Ideally?

An example: Run Download only tests between 2 AM to 8 AM every hour at 15 minutes past the hour. :)

But any additional configuration options you provide will be most welcome! :D

Okay, so decided to move my issue here. Even after leaving the script to run on its own via cron, I'm still getting some weird results.
P5yUAxf

Here's the image link in case it doesn't load: https://imgur.com/a/P5yUAxf

Can you try selecting a server in spdmerlin?

Also, what does memory usage look like during a test run?

For testing, should I just let the cron fire off?
Since it seems to affect you both manually and via cron, it shouldn't matter. I did check the code and running a test via the ui doed check for an existing running test before launching

The problem only happens when:
-the cron fires
-the webpage button is pressed

Using option 2 in the menu (preferred server) brings back normal tests as I expect.
Have you enabled preferred server for automatic tests? Option 5 i think

And automatic tests still 0 out with that enabled? It should be no different to a manual run with option 2 at that stage. I'm beginning to suspect the speedtest server is at fault here
I doubt the server is at fault since I've been able to run several successful tests manually without issue. The problem only happens when the speedtest is called by cron. Funnily enough, it was working fine before installing the connmon script, but I think an update came out for this one around the same time. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the update broke something.

The one thing I have yet to attempt is a router reboot, though I don't think that will fix the underlying problem.

I doubt the server is at fault since I've been able to run several successful tests manually without issue. The problem only happens when the speedtest is called by cron. Funnily enough, it was working fine before installing the connmon script, but I think an update came out for this one around the same time. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the update broke something.

The one thing I have yet to attempt is a router reboot, though I don't think that will fix the underlying problem.
As I say, if you've enabled preferred servers for automatic tests, the command issued by cron is identical to the manual option. The next thing to check is your cron list, perhaps something is running at the same time.

Code:
 cru l

I have a good feeling it will help. :)

Make sure you do a GUI initiated reboot. ;)

As I say, if you've enabled preferred servers for automatic tests, the command issued by cron is identical to the manual option. The next thing to check is your cron list, perhaps something is running at the same time.

Code:
 cru l

Code:
15 9 * * Mon service reboot #amtm_RebootScheduler#
*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin generate #ntpMerlin#
00 2 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bf.div reset #Diversion_UpdateBF#
20 5 * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/rotate-logs.div #Diversion_RotateLogs#
20 17 * * * diversion count_ads count #Diversion_CountAds#
30 3 * * * /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -check #FreshJR_QOS#
25 3 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware #Skynet_banmalware#
25 1 * * Mon sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update #Skynet_autoupdate#
0 * * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save #Skynet_save#
*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/connmon generate #connmon#
12,42 * * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#

Code:
15 9 * * Mon service reboot #amtm_RebootScheduler#
*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin generate #ntpMerlin#
00 2 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bf.div reset #Diversion_UpdateBF#
20 5 * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/rotate-logs.div #Diversion_RotateLogs#
20 17 * * * diversion count_ads count #Diversion_CountAds#
30 3 * * * /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -check #FreshJR_QOS#
25 3 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware #Skynet_banmalware#
25 1 * * Mon sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update #Skynet_autoupdate#
0 * * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save #Skynet_save#
*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/connmon generate #connmon#
12,42 * * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#
Nothing amiss there. Can you run option u please, just to make sure the script is intact? It'll md5 check it against the source