What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have just bought the AX58U to replace a AC87U, very happy with it.

Installed spdMerlin which installed the extras applet and also have Astrill VPN installed which has it's own applet.

The problem is both applets wont co-exist, when I first installed spdMerlin the extras applet appeared but the Astrill applet disappeared !

After refreshing the page the Astrill applet reappeared but the extras applet disappeared !

I can still access the Speedtest page with a bookmark.

Any way around this problem ?

Thanks

I have just bought the AX58U to replace a AC87U, very happy with it.

Installed spdMerlin which installed the extras applet and also have Astrill VPN installed which has it's own applet.

The problem is both applets wont co-exist, when I first installed spdMerlin the extras applet appeared but the Astrill applet disappeared !

After refreshing the page the Astrill applet reappeared but the extras applet disappeared !

I can still access the Speedtest page with a bookmark.

Any way around this problem ?

Thanks
Do Astrill release the source code for their applet? If not, then nothing I can do.

Do Astrill release the source code for their applet? If not, then nothing I can do.

Last I checked their applet installation is all in shell, but you will need a customer to send you a copy of it as its not publicly accessible.

This seems to be the file they use to insert their applet which resides in /dev/astrill

Attachments

• xui2.zip.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
This seems to be the file they use to insert their applet which resides in /dev/astrill

Thats the menuTree.js stuff, there should be more shellcode thats executed during the initial applet install.

Thats the menuTree.js stuff, there should be more shellcode thats executed during the initial applet install.
They're probably overwriting the bind mount....not much we can do to combat that without changing our practise to match theirs.

init-start and astrill_bootstrap hopefully will tell you exactly what they do.

Attachments

• init-start and astril_bootstrap.zip.txt
    885 bytes · Views: 139
I've got an RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.15 and I recently installed spdmerlin. It's great! Right now, however, the only graph that will populate is the last 24 hours. I cannot get the 7 days or 30 days graphs to populate.

Is this just because I've only been running this for the past 3 days? If so, at what point will the other graphs start to populate?

If the graphs should be populating already, but aren't, what would be my steps to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

They're probably overwriting the bind mount....not much we can do to combat that without changing our practise to match theirs.

They are the ones who should adapt to what the rest of the community is doing, and is now accepted as the official way to interface with the webui. I suggest users contact their tech support about it, and refer them to the documentation.

On my end I'll see if I still have valid contact info to reach out to them (we exchanged a few emails over the years, but it's been a while now).

Got a couple of questions about the script...

1) Where are the logs/history files?? I would like to look at the "raw" data so I can complain to my ISP. (Paying for gig internet and getting <300mbps)

2) Is there a chance the script could be updated to have the option to check once an hour instead of twice?

Thanks,
Don

I've got an RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.15 and I recently installed spdmerlin. It's great! Right now, however, the only graph that will populate is the last 24 hours. I cannot get the 7 days or 30 days graphs to populate.

Is this just because I've only been running this for the past 3 days? If so, at what point will the other graphs start to populate?

If the graphs should be populating already, but aren't, what would be my steps to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

They should populate right away.. just shorter lines. Sometimes you need to reload the page, there is a bug where the show/hide doesn't work right.

Got a couple of questions about the script...

1) Where are the logs/history files?? I would like to look at the "raw" data so I can complain to my ISP. (Paying for gig internet and getting <300mbps)

2) Is there a chance the script could be updated to have the option to check once an hour instead of twice?

Thanks,
Don

Code:
/jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d# sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db

select * from spdstats_WAN;

you can use .quit to get out.

Now that I know it's in sqlite3...

Code:
/jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d# sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db

you can use .quit to get out.

At first I misread it. I ran the command as:
"/jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d# sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db"

I wasnt paying attention to the fact the first part was the PWD.

To clarify for future readers.

Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db

To get the output to a file I googled this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-output-to-a-text-file-with-sqlite-on-windows

These commands can be run from anywhere.

Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db ".mode csv" "select * from spdstats_WAN;" > /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/results.csv

or

Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db ".mode csv" ".headers on" "select * from spdstats_WAN;" > /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/results.csv

The second one worked great for me!!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Thanks!
If you've only had it running for 3 days then the "past" 7 days or 30 days don't exist yet is how I understand it. Run it for a week and then a month.

Could you elaborate? Are you not able to get faster than ~500 Mbps when using spdmerlin?
Yeah it was mentioned in the main post. CPU is not fast enough to give proper readings past a point. I have gig internet so sadly I cant use this. Damn nice plugin though.

Something Is not working properly, as the configurable of only do this at certain hour is getting ignored

Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-28 a la(s) 1.24.48 p. m..png
Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-28 a la(s) 1.25.29 p. m..png

It is ignoring the setting and just doing a speediest every half an hour. Sometimes it works, and some other times like this one it won't. It Is happening on a AC68U and on two AC87U

If I change the hours to 3 and 4, or 3 and 5, the result is the same