What's new

Speedtest freezes on upload with rt-ax86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zephpdx

Occasional Visitor
With my newly acquired rt-ax86u with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45934 when I run an ookla speedtest.net or ookla windows speedtest program the tests freeze on the upload. I have centurylink gigabit fiber. Upload and download speeds are around 500Mpbs when they should be in excess of 900Mbps. I have windows 10 64bit and am connected via eithernet. Adaptive QoS and Traffic Analyser are disabled. Any suggestions for remedying this and/or getting the proper speeds? Thks.

With my newly acquired rt-ax86u with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45934 when I run an ookla speedtest.net or ookla windows speedtest program the tests freeze on the upload. I have centurylink gigabit fiber. Upload and download speeds are around 500Mpbs when they should be in excess of 900Mbps. I have windows 10 64bit and am connected via eithernet. Adaptive QoS and Traffic Analyser are disabled. Any suggestions for remedying this and/or getting the proper speeds? Thks.
Is the AX86U connected directly to the ONT or a Centurylink provided router? If the ONT is outside the house was the cable coming into the house tested after it was installed? In my area it seems that the installing tech does not test the cable but just crimp on the ends. What are the results of a speed test from the router? Also, it may help to power cycle the router.

Is the AX86U connected directly to the ONT or a Centurylink provided router? If the ONT is outside the house was the cable coming into the house tested after it was installed? In my area it seems that the installing tech does not test the cable but just crimp on the ends. What are the results of a speed test from the router? Also, it may help to power cycle the router.
Yes, the AX86U is connected directly with the ONT; it's inside the house and the cable has been tested. The AX86U embedded speed test just now:

Download
Mbps
Upload

Also, it doesn't freeze on the upload ever.

Well freezing is a little worse than my problem, which is just slower than normal uploads.

Try fast.com or nperf.com to see if they work any better.

As mentioned my AX86u is connected directly to the ONT. From the AX86U I have two eithernet wired nodes, both AC68Us .After resetting all three devices, the problem didn't occur until I connected both nodes. Prior to installing the second node, the Speedtest.net (windows app and from a browser), ran smoothly, showed higher speeds, both up and down, and didn't freeze or stall on the upload. With both nodes installed, the problem started again and continued even if one node was powered down. I'm wondering if this has something to do with a bug with the mesh fronthaul or backhaul .Speeds as shown from the router are 900+ up and down. From a computer connected via eithernet into one node the speeds are approximately half.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!