What's new

Splash Page for Guest WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

onix

Occasional Visitor
Greetings fellow Merlin's,

Forgive me if this has been asked -- but is there a way to set up a guest wifi so that a website automatically opens when a client connects through the router's guest network? Ideally this could be on all devices -- laptops, phones, tablets, etc. At some point, we may need a disclaimer click-through for security purposes, for now we'd like to splash up a company page hosted on the www.

I have two "downgraded" T-Mobile RT-AC68u's on CFE 1.0.2.0 and am using John's latest fork.

Thanks!

I think Shibby's Tomato build might have a captive portal - it won't work however if you have one of the newest RT-AC68U hardware revisions such as C1.

I think Shibby's Tomato build might have a captive portal - it won't work however if you have one of the newest RT-AC68U hardware revisions such as C1.
Similar topic: There used to be the option to place a user page in the www/user/ directory.
If logged into the WebUI, it would then be accessible via <router IP>/user/
But this no longer appears to work. Has this been deprecated in a recent change?

Similar topic: There used to be the option to place a user page in the www/user/ directory.
If logged into the WebUI, it would then be accessible via <router IP>/user/
But this no longer appears to work. Has this been deprecated in a recent change?

No idea, I never looked at that area of the code / that feature. Asus been doing a lot of changes to the httpd daemon this past year.

This would be so awesome.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!