What's new

Telus Router Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

damnlightbulbs

New Around Here
Hi all,
I hope there are some people in this forum that are with Telus. The problem here is that our router keeps having problems like 2 weeks ago i could not browse Google.ca or any other website. Facebook was working. Though it was all working on my mobile phone.

Another problem that happens is the wireless disconnects from my phone or my computer and then reconnects, without any reason why.

My internet is shared (I dont pay for it) so I never bothered complaining to my landlord about it because shes just an old lady and doesnt know anything about computers. She has called a Telus technician to look at her router 3 times and still the problem persists. I mean it's not happening every day but it happens once a month, sometimes for up to 3 days.

I really just want to spread the awareness and see if anyone else out there is experiencing any problems.

My parents are using Telus as well and probably the same router that they give you for free.

Do you guys think that all of this would be fixed by hooking up our own router, like a high quality one made by ASUS?. I did this awhile back and it did make a difference (i think but it was awhile ago so its hard to remember).

I'd like to get my own place eventually and get my own internet, that would be nice, but in the mean time I am stuck with using free wifi through my landlord.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!