What's new

ASUS RT-AX82U WiFi problems with iPhone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Soytnly

New Around Here
My apologies in advance, I’m not well-versed in router settings and I’m hoping that’s all I need to fix here.

I’ve had this router for about two years and it’s a very good choice for my basic needs. The only problem I’ve had consistently is that my iPhone 14 Pro struggles to connect to the WiFi every few days after I reset the network settings on the phone. I’ll leave the house, come back and it won’t reconnect. I didn’t have the problem with my previous router, and this same problem occurred with my previous phone in this router. I’ve done a couple hard resets of both phone and router and kept the settings at default, but it still happens. I’m ready to replace it with a new TP-Link, only because I had better luck with this one aspect but I’d rather just keep my ASUS. And my apologies if this is simply the wrong forum. Seems like a ton of knowledgeable people here!

and kept the settings at default

Lock 5GHz control channel to 36 at 80MHz wide and try again. The other option if available is channel 149 at 80MHz wide.

Your router is perhaps on Auto and switching channels often including channels in DFS range. This may cause device connection issues.

Last edited:
I’ve had this happen twice since I locked the channel on 5Ghz. I rebooted the router this second time and it connected. I think I’m going to lock the 2.4Ghz as well out of sheer ignorance! Maybe it will help

Darn, it happened again after locking both bands down as suggested. My old TP Link works flawlessly in this regard anyway. Maybe I’ll just sell this dog and get something different

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!