What's new

the one left behind

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bogolisk

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I have a RT-N16 running a version of Merlin and I've been really happy with it. Now Merlin no long support it, what would be a good firmware for it?
  • I don't use it for wireless, I have 3 AC APs. Radio is turned off, I use it as a wired router.
  • I need dnsmasq: static DHCP, mapping multiple MACs to 1 IP and ads-blocking.
  • I need ddns support (custom is ok, right now I'm using custom with afraid.org)
  • I need good QoS (MAC based) for VoiP.
  • I need secure NAT :)
  • I need good performance :)
  • Ability to turn-off wireless.
  • I need parental control
  • high performance vpn (l2tp/ipsec) would be very desirable.
  • working MSS clamping.
  • syslog
thank you.

Hi

I have a RT-N16 running a version of Merlin and I've been really happy with it. Now Merlin no long support it, what would be a good firmware for it?
  • I don't use it for wireless, I have 3 AC APs. Radio is turned off, I use it as a wired router.
  • I need dnsmasq: static DHCP, mapping multiple MACs to 1 IP and ads-blocking.
  • I need ddns support (custom is ok, right now I'm using custom with afraid.org)
  • I need good QoS (MAC based) for VoiP.
  • I need secure NAT :)
  • I need good performance :)
  • Ability to turn-off wireless.
  • I need parental control
  • high performance vpn (l2tp/ipsec) would be very desirable.
  • working MSS clamping.
  • syslog
thank you.
I had a RT-N16 running dd-wrt firmware as a router only (no wifi) for a long time. It actually came with dd-wrt on it from ASUS, I just updated it to the latest version. I was very happy with the performance and of course all the functionality that comes with dd-wrt. I can't vouch for wifi performance but if you just need router only then I'd highly recommend it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!