What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just a donation with E Debit. Since I live in Canada I was able to do so. I'm not sure if it can be done from other countries but my understanding is that you can't.

I can't seem to connect to his web page. Any other way to send him a donation, Merlin is amazing!

@RMerlin just sent a $20 donation your way! Thank you so much for making ASUSWRT-Merlin so awesome! :) I appreciate all the work, time and help you provide to the community by providing this awesome firmware and all the active support you give!

Happy 2017!

@RMerlin just sent a $20 donation !!!

Like many I appreciate all the hard work and on-going support you give everyone.
Most of all I appreciate what you enable my router to do :) ....... to improve my security and to be able to easily 'filter' the internet for the less 'techie' users in my Family/Friends.
(Read as 'Everyone', it would seem !!! :rolleyes::D)

A stunningly good piece of work. :D:D:D

Just a note to say I've sent a donation. I'm a long time Tomato user, but had heard about this firmware, and after getting an RT-AC68U I had to give it a go. I'm won over and as this works just as I need, and is easier to manage (IMO). I've always liked ASUS routers, and this may lock me into staying with ASUS just to be able to use this firmware. Thanks for all you do, and I hope the small donation helps you out in whatever way you need.

I think rmerlin deserves some financial thanks, so I sent him a couple bucks.

Post below when you support rmerlin with a donation! Thank you, rmerlin for all the hard work you do.

To donate-

1) go to the Asuswrt-Merlin official website (asuswrt.lostrealm.ca) from RMerlin's post- http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-for-asus-routers.7846/#post-61974
2) the paypal donation button is on the left
3) donate!
4) feel good you gave the guy that makes your router awesome some cash
5) post here if you wish to share the joy

This is especially important as ASUS seem to have locked out the Tomato and non-Merlin flash for firmware and interface. I have contributed because SNMP was important to me!

Dave

I had lots of issues to connect to my RT-N66U with stock firmware from my mobile (2.4 GHz). Even my Canon printer started to choke on the access point. Factory resets of the RT-N66U helped for 1 or 2 days maximum. I was thinking of a hardware problem and already searching for a replacement. Then I found Merlin and installed 380.65_4. With Merlin, Wi-Fi suddenly works like a charm! My mobile is always online, I didn't have to wait for the Wi-Fi connection only once.

I can't believe that ASUS isn't able to provide a decent firmware for a five year old product. Thus, I'm amazed about the performance of Merlin's firmware and am happily donating $ 10.

Eric,

A little token of appreciation in your paypal account now. Thank you so much for your efforts and enthusiasm to deliver a best in class firmware for our beloved Asus routers.

Nelson

Almost gave up on my AC68u then I found this community and great work from Eric that made me happy again.

Donation sent.

Eric

I appreciate when a solution is managed this well, and I'd like that to continue. I'm back donating again. I really appreciate the recent special release for the SMB patch in light of wannacry

Thank you for always focusing on what's important. Its greatly appreciated

Paul

Only just joined SNB forums but have been using Merlin's FW on my RT-AC68U for sometime.

I donated a while back but I will send another its important to keep projects alive and showing ones appreciation.

Merlins FW is the only reason I am buying ASUS routers.

Completely agree.

Donation made. Thank you Eric.

I also like the fact that this FW is not 3rd party per se because there is collusion with ASUS who actually implements some of the features. Besides many of the bugs in the Official FW tend to be ironed out and the Merlin version tends to be stable as...from what I have experienced over the last year or so.... a big thumbs up.:)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!