What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Donated :) A bit late taking into account the amount of time that I've used Merlin's firmware but better late than never.

Keep up the good work Merlin (and also John9527).

This message and the donation before it are composed of packets that went through 2 RMerlin powered devices. So, thank you and XVortex as well.

Donation winging its way to you from me.

Thank you and already my AC5300 is benefitting!

Going to post a really weird issue on the main forums to do with my HP printer and me banging my head against it.

Keep up the good work!

Adrian.

Thanks for making our routers awesome and keeping up with my dumb questions from time to time.

USD $50 on your way.

Donation made. I've flipped back and forth between stock and Merlin's firmware many times, and even though my network configuration is pretty simple, it's become apparent that Merlin's firmware has a number of really handy features for me, so I'm sticking with Merlin.

Might consider purchasing and donating a domain....

@RMerlin - might consider doing this yourself if someone doesn't step up - opens up a lot of possibilities with page imprints, etc... and that would fund things on an ongoing basis...

See below - google domains - and the .net and .com are open... and then build a fence around it.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.04.41 PM.png

And this would help with hosting for the firmware downloads and relieve some pressure on the forum noise here...

(although the forum noise helps pay SNB bills with ad-impressions)

Last edited:
Might consider purchasing and donating a domain....

@RMerlin - might consider doing this yourself if someone doesn't step up - opens up a lot of possibilities with page imprints, etc... and that would fund things on an ongoing basis...

See below - google domains - and the .net and .com are open... and then build a fence around it.

View attachment 7946

And this would help with hosting for the firmware downloads and relieve some pressure on the forum noise here...

(although the forum noise helps pay SNB bills with ad-impressions)

One reason I decided not to register a new domain with the word "asuswrt" is because I'm unsure of the legal implications. Lawyers can get twitchy when registering a domain name with a protected brand or product name. That's why I decided to just create a sub-domain within my personal domain.

Renting a server and hosting a forum isn't just expensive - it's also time-consuming. My time resources are already stretched thin as it is, I don't want to add managing a server, a forum software, etc... all of this on top of development, AND of my daily job.

RMerlin is welcome to stay at SNBForums as long as he likes.
Thinking something along the lines of "whishes the forum would stay up as long as the users like it".

RMerlin is welcome to stay at SNBForums as long as he likes.

And that's ok... but look at the traffic... perhaps that pays the bills - and that's ok...

It's hard to get a word in edgewise - there are a lot of other platforms that people are using - Look at "New Posts" - and there - 90 percent of this is Asus related - and in that subset of posts, 90 percent of that is RMerlin's stuff...

Which might drive away users - when we see someone with a netgear/linksys/dlink/apple question - the cohort around the AsusWRT=RMerlin says junk your stuff and buy an Asus...

Not good...

It's starting to become a problem that is driving experienced and trusted members here away...

just saying...

One reason I decided not to register a new domain with the word "asuswrt" is because I'm unsure of the legal implications. Lawyers can get twitchy when registering a domain name with a protected brand or product name. That's why I decided to just create a sub-domain within my personal domain.

Renting a server and hosting a forum isn't just expensive - it's also time-consuming. My time resources are already stretched thin as it is, I don't want to add managing a server, a forum software, etc... all of this on top of development, AND of my daily job.

If Asus Legal had any problem with AsusWRT-RMerlin - that would have ended with the github actually... and the snbforum would have sealed the deal - so don't worry there...

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin
Asuswrt-Merlin

That's about as obvious as one can get...

You're in too deep as it is at the moment - and Asus doesn't seem too worried about that.

Donate of $25 done.
Thanks again for the great work on the project and continues support here in the forum.

Merry Christmas Eric! :)
Donate sent for small gifts. :)

I just now signed up here to publicly thank you RMerlin.

I donated to you several years ago when you were still supporting the RT-N16, but then later moved to Tomato on that router, as I just couldn't stomach the ASUSWRT interface. A few days ago I purchased a new RT-AC68P and Tomato doesn't seem to be a good choice driver-wise for this model, so here I am back on your firmware...

Thanks for making ASUSWRT worth the pain. ;)

(Peter)

Last edited: