What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin and thelonelycoder, any chance that you two will create an alternative payment channel other than PayPal to receive donations? I am considering deleting my PayPal account due to an issue with them. But this would prevent me from making donations to you.

Recently, a person deposited money into my PayPal account in error. They admitted to making a typo in the email address which resulted in me receiving funds that were intended for a seller. I tried to return the money to them but the system did not allow me to. The reason is the system wanted to charge me a fee and I did not have funds to cover the fee. When the money did end up being returned to them, PayPal posted a negative $7.71 to my account. Their resolution center treated me poorly and despite the evidence that the money was sent to me in error, and that the person who sent me the money and I where not engaged in a buyer/seller relationship, they refuse to remove the charge. In the last email to them, I quoted their End User Agreement that defines an error as money that is posted to an account by mistake. I may have to report them to consumer protection agencies.

Thanks again for all you do. Words can not properly express the gratitude for the great firmware and helpful support you provide on this site.

RMerlin and thelonelycoder, any chance that you two will create an alternative payment channel other than PayPal to receive donations?

There's no real alternative, Paypal is pretty much a monopoly. (and no, Bitcoin aren't an alternative, bitcoins are mostly useless as an actual currency).

Just make a new PayPal account with a different email address expressly for donating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Neteller or Skrill?

Never heard of them, which means none of the online service/resellers that I buy from would support them.

Never heard of them, which means none of the online service/resellers that I buy from would support them.

I am surprised. They are one of the biggest if not the biggest Paypal competitor. Skrill was previously known as Moneybookers and rebranded to Skrill. It was later bought by Neteller, so essentially they are the same under different brands (same fees).. It is very easy to open account and you can simply provide email address for donations to be sent, you can then later withdraw it your bank account or via their debit card or simply pay for goods from Skrill/Neteller account or their debit card directly.

Donated. A small new year's gift for Eric/RMerlin. Here's wishing you a great year ahead. I will continue to buy Asus routers as long as you release firmware for them.

Donation sent - Thanks to RMerlin for creating better ASUS firmware than ASUS does... :cool:
I recently had a brain fade and bought a Linksys; then I recovered, sent the Linksys back, and got a new ASUS because I know I can count on RMerlin and John9527...:D

MANY, MANY Thanks to RMerlin / Eric for delivering such timely and awesome packages. The fact that you paid attention to keeping the packages current sold me. All of my home IT AP and routers are ASUS thanks to your dedication to this project and the ASUS community. You rock! Donation made of $55 USD. Peace.

Hi RMerlin,

Thank you for the stellar firmware and all your hard work that goes into it.
I would like give a donation however I am unable to via Paypal:

upload_2017-1-10_9-44-18.png

Is there another donation method?

Thanks!

Hi RMerlin,

Thank you for the stellar firmware and all your hard work that goes into it.
I would like give a donation however I am unable to via Paypal:

View attachment 8227

Is there another donation method?

Thanks!

No other method, sorry.

You could try directly sending money to my email address, as this error message seems to imply that only donation are forbidden.

Gosh - reading some of the donation amounts on here makes me think I need to offer more...though I suppose its the thought that counts.

Gosh - reading some of the donation amounts on here makes me think I need to offer more

Don't. Keep in mind that people are donating from a lot of different countries, and everyone has a different financial situation.

Hello all. I donated on 6 Jan, but just signed up today to the forums. Thank you @RMerlin for an excellent firmware. I appreciate all of the hard work and dedication going in to making your firmware the best alternative. Thank you again.

Last edited:
I just sent my donation. I really appreciate the great work and the very active participation that RMerlin has on the forum. Great to know that the developer is willing to answer questions from experts and newbies...
Best wishes for 2017