Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

The rmerlin donation thread.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by 000111, May 10, 2014.

1. SNR

SNR New Around Here

I just now signed up here to publicly thank you RMerlin.

I donated to you several years ago when you were still supporting the RT-N16, but then later moved to Tomato on that router, as I just couldn't stomach the ASUSWRT interface. A few days ago I purchased a new RT-AC68P and Tomato doesn't seem to be a good choice driver-wise for this model, so here I am back on your firmware...

Thanks for making ASUSWRT worth the pain. ;)

(Peter)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. primitivo

primitivo Regular Contributor

amplatfus likes this.
  3. Xentrk

Xentrk Senior Member

RMerlin and thelonelycoder, any chance that you two will create an alternative payment channel other than PayPal to receive donations? I am considering deleting my PayPal account due to an issue with them. But this would prevent me from making donations to you.

Recently, a person deposited money into my PayPal account in error. They admitted to making a typo in the email address which resulted in me receiving funds that were intended for a seller. I tried to return the money to them but the system did not allow me to. The reason is the system wanted to charge me a fee and I did not have funds to cover the fee. When the money did end up being returned to them, PayPal posted a negative $7.71 to my account. Their resolution center treated me poorly and despite the evidence that the money was sent to me in error, and that the person who sent me the money and I where not engaged in a buyer/seller relationship, they refuse to remove the charge. In the last email to them, I quoted their End User Agreement that defines an error as money that is posted to an account by mistake. I may have to report them to consumer protection agencies.

Thanks again for all you do. Words can not properly express the gratitude for the great firmware and helpful support you provide on this site.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

There's no real alternative, Paypal is pretty much a monopoly. (and no, Bitcoin aren't an alternative, bitcoins are mostly useless as an actual currency).

paulbates and thelonelycoder like this.
  5. JDB

JDB Occasional Visitor

Just make a new PayPal account with a different email address expressly for donating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. primitivo

How about Neteller or Skrill?

7. RMerlin

Never heard of them, which means none of the online service/resellers that I buy from would support them.

8. primitivo

I am surprised. They are one of the biggest if not the biggest Paypal competitor. Skrill was previously known as Moneybookers and rebranded to Skrill. It was later bought by Neteller, so essentially they are the same under different brands (same fees).. It is very easy to open account and you can simply provide email address for donations to be sent, you can then later withdraw it your bank account or via their debit card or simply pay for goods from Skrill/Neteller account or their debit card directly.

9. unknownbeef

unknownbeef New Around Here

Donated :) I appreciate this firmware so much. Thank you.

paulbates likes this.
  10. Radiohead

Radiohead New Around Here

Donated. A small new year's gift for Eric/RMerlin. Here's wishing you a great year ahead. I will continue to buy Asus routers as long as you release firmware for them.

11. Rylan

Rylan New Around Here

Thanks again for maintaining this stellar firmware.

12. Lazarus56

Lazarus56 Occasional Visitor

Donation sent - Thanks to RMerlin for creating better ASUS firmware than ASUS does... :cool:
    I recently had a brain fade and bought a Linksys; then I recovered, sent the Linksys back, and got a new ASUS because I know I can count on RMerlin and John9527...:D

13. gattaca

gattaca Occasional Visitor

MANY, MANY Thanks to RMerlin / Eric for delivering such timely and awesome packages. The fact that you paid attention to keeping the packages current sold me. All of my home IT AP and routers are ASUS thanks to your dedication to this project and the ASUS community. You rock! Donation made of $55 USD. Peace.

paulbates likes this.
  14. Ninj0r

Ninj0r New Around Here

Hi RMerlin,

Thank you for the stellar firmware and all your hard work that goes into it.
    I would like give a donation however I am unable to via Paypal:

upload_2017-1-10_9-44-18.png

Is there another donation method?

Thanks!

15. RMerlin

No other method, sorry.

You could try directly sending money to my email address, as this error message seems to imply that only donation are forbidden.

16. Dalle

Dalle Occasional Visitor

27 CAD Your way (150 DKK). Thanks for great Work.

Regards, Daniel (Copenhagen).

17. ursus

ursus Occasional Visitor

Sent $25 your way. Have a great 2017 and keep up good work for this community!

xenas and Dalle like this.
  18. R3PUBL1K

R3PUBL1K New Around Here

Gosh - reading some of the donation amounts on here makes me think I need to offer more...though I suppose its the thought that counts.

19. RMerlin

Don't. Keep in mind that people are donating from a lot of different countries, and everyone has a different financial situation.

xenas and rahuljawale like this.
  20. MacG32

MacG32 Occasional Visitor

Hello all. I donated on 6 Jan, but just signed up today to the forums. Thank you @RMerlin for an excellent firmware. I appreciate all of the hard work and dedication going in to making your firmware the best alternative. Thank you again.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017