Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

The rmerlin donation thread.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by 000111, May 10, 2014.

1. protogen

protogen New Around Here

Completely agree.

Donation made. Thank you Eric.

Misterio and paulbates like this.
  2. Misterio

Misterio New Around Here

I also like the fact that this FW is not 3rd party per se because there is collusion with ASUS who actually implements some of the features. Besides many of the bugs in the Official FW tend to be ironed out and the Merlin version tends to be stable as...from what I have experienced over the last year or so.... a big thumbs up.:)

paulbates likes this.
  3. taozhong

taozhong Occasional Visitor

Thank you Eric/Merlin.
    Donate made.

4. cliverlong

cliverlong New Around Here

Hi,

I installed the ASUSWRT-Merlin firmware on a RT-N66U that I use as a wireless repeater. I had wanted to use this as a very cheap NAS by attaching a USB disk but the stock Asus firmware didnt correctly support configuration of the access rights of userids (well I could not get it to work). The USB/SMB support in the Merlin firmware so far has been rock solid (100% available) and I can configure folder access with multiple userids - and it works. So I have gladly sent off my donation over Paypal. Great job Eric.

5. Trebuin

Trebuin Regular Contributor

Prod supporter of this work, & proud donator!

6. dlstyley

dlstyley Occasional Visitor

Done. Thanks for the reminder.