What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

I installed the ASUSWRT-Merlin firmware on a RT-N66U that I use as a wireless repeater. I had wanted to use this as a very cheap NAS by attaching a USB disk but the stock Asus firmware didnt correctly support configuration of the access rights of userids (well I could not get it to work). The USB/SMB support in the Merlin firmware so far has been rock solid (100% available) and I can configure folder access with multiple userids - and it works. So I have gladly sent off my donation over Paypal. Great job Eric.

Prod supporter of this work, & proud donator!

Done! Thank you for your excellent work sir! You are simply awesome!

Donated even though its not working for me. I always appreciate the effort. Can't code to save my life.

In Japan, paypal's donation function can not be used so I transferred it directly. Did you receive a donation?

Can you give me the date and the time you sent it? I don't remember one from Japan, but I might have missed it in my mails.

It is 6:10 pm(GMT + 9) Japan time on September 6 .

I did - thank you :)

I reply to donations that I receive, however direct send like you did don't supply me with the sender's email address, that's why I was not able to acknowledge it.

- A donation from Norway for the excellent work!
- My RT-AC88U got (more than usual) warm, unstable and boggy with stock ASUS fw 3.0.0.4.382.15850, as well as the infamous everlasting "Internet Status - Check connection" and useless renaming of router clients, not rendering the renaming in other tabs in the user interface.
- Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68_2 (and currently 380.68_4) to the rescue! Now more stable than it ever was with "official" FW. Less memory and CPU use, less loggingflood, and more "operational" use of my 80/80 fibreline than ever before. A bit more bufferingtime with Netflix on the cabled smart-TV's, but that's a small price to pay for a stable AP in my house, with usually approximately 30 devices connected. Lots of them in use by my bandwith-hungry teenage brats :)
- Again; THANK YOU Eric!

As others have said previously, Merlin firmware is the only reason I purchase Asus routers! I have now moved to the AC86U. Another donation on the way....... Keep up the good work and thank you!

Hey RMerlin, today I finally got around to sending your beverage money... CHEERS!

Again, thank you very much for the work you do developing Merlin code. I would write a list of benefits I've been enjoying since going Merlin on my n66u, but that would be TLDR. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Kev