What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just donated 10 dollar
here is the confirmation number by paypal
Confirmation number: [removed for security -rm]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think rmerlin deserves some financial thanks, so I sent him a couple bucks.

Post below when you support rmerlin with a donation! Thank you, rmerlin for all the hard work you do.

To donate-

1) go to the Asuswrt-Merlin official website (asuswrt.lostrealm.ca) from RMerlin's post- http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=61974&postcount=2
2) the paypal donation button is on the left
3) donate!
4) feel good you gave the guy that makes your router awesome some cash
5) post here if you wish to share the joy

I bought him a few beers as thank for all his work.
I like my RT-AC66U so much better with his software in it (378.52_2) , and also all the information (general and ASUS too) on his site, may thanks!

Merlin, can you make your bitcoin wallet? I wanted to donate you, but I have not got money on PayPal.
It may be more comfortable to donate you via BTC for people from different world places.

Merlin, can you make your bitcoin wallet? I wanted to donate you, but I have not got money on PayPal.
It may be more comfortable to donate you via BTC for people from different world places.

Sorry, but I consider Bitcoin to be useless, as you cannot buy anything with that.

merlin you can easy and fast buy with bitcoins voucher gift cards like amazon, spotify..... i dont know if its allowed to post link here

Thanks for your work and time @RMerlin
I don't have used your firmware yet as I'm still saving, till I can afford to buy a router :)
I'm on disability recovering and have a 12 year old to raise, so this $10 is all I can afford to donate for now. It comes from a good heart though. I just registered on this forum to say thanks

Kind regards
ilan
from Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Thanks RMerlin, keep up the excellent work. Donation sent. Love to simplify my life right now and a stable and great performing router puts the house "at ease".

Thanks for your work and help and support all over the forums.

Eric,

I feel very guilty and shameful. It has been like forever since I have donated. So, to ease my conscience I have sent $50 your way! :)

Yours is the only firmware that I use now. I have FA enabled so my setup is vanilla and I use a cron job (with the script posted by you of course) to reboot my router each day at 05:15 while we sleep. I am convinced that the combination of your firmware, my cooling system (please check my avatar) and the daily reboot keeps my router humming along nicely. :D

Now I have to send John9527 something for his handy dandy nvram save & restore utility. Now that I have hit upon the settings that work best for my application (through systematic trial & error) life is cool. Even all of the Apple products in the household are connecting without issues, to the 5GHz band! The 2.4GHz band is stable as a rock and any issues that may arise on my 5GHz band are almost always client-related. ;)

Oh, and your support is without equal. Why Asus doesn't officially incorporate your fork of the firmware in some capacity is beyond me. Your firmware is often more stable than the stock versions and it is your commitment to stability over features/performance that keeps me using your firmware.

Thanks for all that you do and I hope that $50 is enough to make a real difference. If it isn't then please let me know as I can afford to donate more often. :cool:

10 USD for our Router hero...I will start my journey this evening. wish me luck.
----------------------
Confirmation Number: 1PD59512AD388505J Placed on tue. 16. jun. 2015
Purpose Donation amount
Eric Sauvageau $10,00 USD
-------------------------------

I think rmerlin deserves some financial thanks, so I sent him a couple bucks.

Post below when you support rmerlin with a donation! Thank you, rmerlin for all the hard work you do.

To donate-

1) go to the Asuswrt-Merlin official website (asuswrt.lostrealm.ca) from RMerlin's post- http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=61974&postcount=2
2) the paypal donation button is on the left
3) donate!
4) feel good you gave the guy that makes your router awesome some cash
5) post here if you wish to share the joy

Yes, Yes, Yes! My RT-AC68R was a freakin paperweight until Merlin. ALWAYS dropping out.
Thanks!

Butch Lacadie