What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank You

My First Post!
Been running my RT-N66U since July 2012 with the original v3.0.0.3.112 firmware. After reading many posts and crossing my fingers I finally upgraded to v3.0.0.4_376.49_5 Merlin's build without any issues! Thank you. Paypal sent. :)

Thanks to Merlin

I'm finally able to afford to send a $50 donation as a thanks for great firmware! Please keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.

Thank you, Merlin! We all appreciate your awesome work very much!

Donation sent

Cheers, Chris

+1 donation sent and thanks again for the great FW

Another donation sent :) Thanks for your time and effort!

Is there any other method that merlins accepts donations? I have this weird thing against paypal and honestly refuse to use it although i would love to donate some money to Merlin seeing how many security exploits that Merlin was first to patch in his firmware and that later Asus also patched in large because of his firmware.

Point being I only use my google wallet to transfer to spend money online....

Is there any other method that merlins accepts donations? I have this weird thing against paypal and honestly refuse to use it although i would love to donate some money to Merlin seeing how many security exploits that Merlin was first to patch in his firmware and that later Asus also patched in large because of his firmware.

Point being I only use my google wallet to transfer to spend money online....

Google Wallet only allows transferring money to US users, and I believe Bitcoin to be kinda useless.

Only idea I might have would be for a Kobo eGift since I regularly buy eBooks from them, or a gift certificate from 7Digital from where I purchase my music.

Otherwise... Don't worry about it - it's the thought that counts. ;)

Google Wallet only allows transferring money to US users, and I believe Bitcoin to be kinda useless.

Only idea I might have would be for a Kobo eGift since I regularly buy eBooks from them, or a gift certificate from 7Digital from where I purchase my music.

Otherwise... Don't worry about it - it's the thought that counts. ;)

Feels good to be getting the special treatment haha. I will definitely get you a gift card from kobo since it seems pretty straight forward. Warning it might not be for as much money as some of these other guys have donated though lol. Outside of blowing these forums up tonight I have been really busy trying to open a computer repair side business which has been eating my budget away lol. Although I appreciate people like you who know a lot about computers and actually share what you know with others rather than just keeping to yourself. Can you send me a PM about how/where to send the gift card?

You should check out Google music also for music. I think they charge like $10 a month now for unlimited downloads and streaming etc, although you really don't own any of the music but I swear by it.

Feels good to be getting the special treatment haha. I will definitely get you a gift card from kobo since it seems pretty straight forward. Warning it might not be for as much money as some of these other guys have donated though lol. Outside of blowing these forums up tonight I have been really busy trying to open a computer repair side business which has been eating my budget away lol. Although I appreciate people like you who know a lot about computers and actually share what you know with others rather than just keeping to yourself. Can you send me a PM about how/where to send the gift card?

You should check out Google music also for music. I think they charge like $10 a month now for unlimited downloads and streaming etc, although you really don't own any of the music but I swear by it.

I'll send you a PM with my Kobo-related Email address.

For streaming I use Spotify, because it's far more device-agnostic than Google Music (and I'm not a fan of web-based applications). My Yamaha receiver is even Spotify Connect capable, so I can have it connect to Spotify.

I still buy actual albums tho because for some things it's far more convenient for me (my primary MP3 player is a Cowon, so I have to be able to copy my MP3 to it).

Merlin, you are doing a great job and I feel you should have a little something for your efforts, so I donated to your account. My special thanks for your RT-AC87U firmware 378_50. The firmware makes the RT-AC87U a useful and powerful router.

RT-AC87U on 378_50ta FW

PM and Donation sent.
Thank you, Merlin! For your awesome work :)

Always a pleasure to send a donation for a great job!

I was thinking - In addition to Merlins great effort, there are a few senior members that have contributed some great stuff.

ryzhov_al - lots of great How-To's and custom scripts (love hubicfuse)
john9527 - many projects, especially the save/restore script - great time saver
zyxmon - bringing Entware joy to ARM based routers
TeHashX - How-To's, debian chroot, etc.

I am sure there are other. I wish there was a way to reward these guys as well....
Any ideas?

some dough for the baker. lol
Thanx RMerlin for making my router do what I want it to do. $20