What's new

There are no multiple VLANs and Guest Network Pro for Asus ROG-AX11000 pro ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tons

Occasional Visitor
Today I bought an Asus ROG-AX11000 Pro, and to my surprise, when updating to the latest firmware version, the options for 'Guest Network Pro' and to create multiple VLANs, etc., are not available. !!!!! :O v 3.0.0.4.388_24198

I also have the AX6000, (v.3.0.0.6) and it does have these features. It's very strange that they haven't released a firmware for this router when the FAQs state that it is compatible."

I don't understand it.

Today I bought an Asus ROG-AX11000 Pro, and to my surprise, when updating to the latest firmware version, the options for 'Guest Network Pro' and to create multiple VLANs, etc., are not available. !!!!! :O v 3.0.0.4.388_24198

I also have the AX6000, (v.3.0.0.6) and it does have these features. It's very strange that they haven't released a firmware for this router when the FAQs state that it is compatible."

I don't understand it.

Pro fw is 3.0.0.6.*
Beta fw is 9.0.0.*

It seems the Pro fw 9.0.0.6.* for your model has not made it past the Beta version yet.

Same for other models.

OE

I don't understand it.
It's simple the Guest Network Pro/VLAN features are in the 3.0.0.6.x firmware (beta or final) not in the 3.0.0.4.x firmware.

It's simple the Guest Network Pro/VLAN features are in the 3.0.0.6.x firmware (beta or final) not in the 3.0.0.4.x firmware.
I understand, but it's very strange that for the AX6000, the definitive version 3.0.0.6 has been out for 2 months already, but not for the 11000 Pro.

I guess I'll have to install beta 9 then, I'm not sure if it's very stable, it's from March 2023. Thx.

I guess I'll have to install beta 9 then, I'm not sure if it's very stable, it's from March 2023. Thx.

Find the BETA release discussion thread here (if any) in the ASUSWRT Official forum and read up first.

OE

I understand, but it's very strange that for the AX6000, the definitive version 3.0.0.6 has been out for 2 months already, but not for the 11000 Pro.

Only a few of the supported routers have non beta 3.0.0.6.x firmware. For the RT-AX86U Pro the beta 3.0.0.6.x was posted 10 months ago. It is what it is.

In a quick search there doesn't appear (unless I missed it) to be a dedicated discussion thread on the ASUS GT-AX11000 Pro 9.0.0.6.102.4856 Beta firmware.

I have the same issue with AXE16000 which I bought a month ago. I also read about VLAN support and its one of the features I invested in. Then after installing both asus fw and merlins latest I found out that its in beta...Like you im a bit supprised aswell over AX6000 is already supporting it with stable FW.
Any info about just why?

I have the same issue with AXE16000 which I bought a month ago. I also read about VLAN support and its one of the features I invested in. Then after installing both asus fw and merlins latest I found out that its in beta...Like you im a bit supprised aswell over AX6000 is already supporting it with stable FW.
Any info about just why?
Either 3.0.0.6 firmware has serious bugs and Asus is reluctant to release it offcially OR their software engineers are downright incompetent and unable to release a stable firmware after more than 1yr of beta testing. You choose.

Either 3.0.0.6 firmware has serious bugs and Asus is reluctant to release it offcially OR their software engineers are downright incompetent and unable to release a stable firmware after more than 1yr of beta testing. You choose.
Two days ago, I contacted Asus and they told me they would give me a response. With the AX6000, except for a language error, version 3.0.0.6 is super stable; I have been testing it for 2 months.

I will wait to see what Asus responds, this weekend I will intensely test the beta 9, and if not, I will return it on Monday. I don't understand how in the pro version they sell features that are not yet enabled.

Two days ago, I contacted Asus and they told me they would give me a response. With the AX6000, except for a language error, version 3.0.0.6 is super stable; I have been testing it for 2 months.

I will wait to see what Asus responds, this weekend I will intensely test the beta 9, and if not, I will return it on Monday. I don't understand how in the pro version they sell features that are not yet enabled.
I concur.

I don't understand how in the pro version they sell features that are not yet enabled.

"Pro" is just a model identifier used to differentiate one model from another. They are all inexpensive AIO wireless routers marketed to non-professional home users and they all have firmware features that arrive over time or not at all.

OE

Only a few of the supported routers have non beta 3.0.0.6.x firmware. For the RT-AX86U Pro the beta 3.0.0.6.x was posted 10 months ago. It is what it is.

In a quick search there doesn't appear (unless I missed it) to be a dedicated discussion thread on the ASUS GT-AX11000 Pro 9.0.0.6.102.4856 Beta firmware.
Do you have a link to or the list of supported routers for the new AsusWRT 5.0/3.0.0.6 firmware? Thank you

:) True, the AX6000 which is 'non-pro' has more functionalities than the pro ones
GT-AX6000 belongs to the pro series.
There is no Pro note because there is no other identical model with a worse specification, such as AX88u and AX88u Pro, AX86u and AX86u Pro, GT-AX11000 and GT-AX11000 Pro

Do you have a link to or the list of supported routers for the new AsusWRT 5.0/3.0.0.6 firmware? Thank you
[Wireless Router] What is Guest Network Pro? How to use it?
Product GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT12
2). Guest network pro supported models:
  • GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT12, more models are coming.
ASUSWRT 5.0

Supported models​

__​

GT series​

GT-AX6000

RT series​

RT-AX88U PRO
Likely reason only two routers are listed on the ASUSWRT 5.0 page is possibly due to only those two routers having 3.0.0.6.x firmware out of the beta stage.

Yesterday, Asus finally responded to me, telling me that initially, this router did not include Guest Network Pro (only available in the beta version). They claimed that the beta was very stable and secure (which I may disagree with). But in summary, they informed me that the official launch of firmware 3.0.0.6 for this router will be during the 2nd quarter of 2024.

So, up to six months away.

Good to know.

May I have a third or fourth option, please? I suggest as possibilities that the beta is really good so they've let it ride while they're busy getting new wifi7 product ready, or they've had insufficient beta feedback on that unit up to this time (as if folks are instead of using the beta want to wait to try things first only with a fully-released fully-stable version?).

You may well be correct that the options you presented are the only two; I don't know. But it seems a little harsh and/or unfair to consider other possibilities.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!