What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct reset procedure for AX86U:
ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.
Thanks just reset it using this. Lan 1-4 still not working.

The RT-AX86U SDK wasn't copying some necessary files to properly enable all switch ports (which took me by surprise since I had gotten the WAN port to work already, even tho it's on the same switch). The issue only happens when building off GPL code rather than building from the complete sources.

I've been running the Alpha2 for days now. The only oddity I'm seeing is the Clients list is not populating. The only client showing is my Ethernet-connected Desktop. Wireless devices are not showing.

I've been running the Alpha2 for days now. The only oddity I'm seeing is the Clients list is not populating. The only client showing is my Ethernet-connected Desktop. Wireless devices are not showing.
Same here - Alpha 2 is running great on my three routers with mesh. Only issue I have seen so far is on the RT-3100, it has a red exclamation mark in the connection status in mesh, but is still working. I think it's more of a cosmetic issue vs actual issue.

RT AX56U-386.1_alpha2-g9675e20696
In Traffic Analyzer - Statistic, Traffic count doesn't work properly (shows way less traffic).
In QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor, Download traffic doesn't show up even if in Network Map, Internet Traffic, traffic does seem properly displayed.

I have been running 1_alpha2 on 2xAX88U for a few days and I am very pleased. For me it feels most stable Merlin, but I have only started running AiMesh on 384.19 and had to reboot a node every 1-2 days.
  • I have not observed kernel error flooding logs
  • I am not using TrendMicro at all as we established it impacts Ookla tests.
  • Reporter earlier bug around WiFi devices disconnected from AiMesh node remaining on wired list
  • Some long lasting issues disappeared - i.e. I had old iPad 2 disconnecting/re-connecting to 2.4
  • Re-enabled unbound recently and it works great (perhaps apart from a 10% ping step increase on conmon test - see below, perhaps 9.9.9.9 gets resolved via unbound, I have not investigated further as not huge issue for me - it could be WAN too)
Below are speed and ping screenshots
speed.png
ping.png

Updated my AX86U and AX58U to today's (13 Nov 20) alpha build.
No problems in upgrading, but after the upgrade, I had no internet to any client, wired or wireless. I could ping any site from the Tools- Network Analysis, I could do nslookup and ping sites from my PC or any other device. None could reach any website.

Rolled back to factory (without a factory reset) and all clients are fully connected.

With Alpha-3, my system log is no longer getting spammed with the messages below every 30 seconds.

Code:
rc_service: watchdog 445:notify_rc start_cfgsync
custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start cfgsync)

Issue resolved!

With Alpha-3, my system log is no longer getting spammed with the messages below every 30 seconds.

Code:
rc_service: watchdog 445:notify_rc start_cfgsync
custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start cfgsync)

Issue resolved!

certainly not resolved on my RT-AC5300 - still getting those with Alpha 3 and still only 3 out of 25 clients showing on Network Map otherwise all good!!

Last edited:
Interesting.

To get the Astrill VPN Router Applet to work after installing Alpha3, I had to switch off Instant Guard support.

Otherwise, I get the log error “unable to find TUN device”

AX56U Beta3. Bandwidth Monitor still not functional.

Attachments

• p1.gif
    p1.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 138
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 112
I have this log message both on alpha2 and 3.
I performed a full reset when upgrading to alpha 3 and the log message still persists

It's appearing every second which is very spammy.

kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6

AX88U on alpha 3 (also present on alpha 2).
If I changed "IPv6 states" from "Native" to "Disabled" or vice versa, then no wireless client can connect (maybe they immediately get disconnected once connected). The log filled with messages shown in the attachment.

Attachments

• 62ee89c5-acf6-4c16-b29c-76e658da44e0.png
    62ee89c5-acf6-4c16-b29c-76e658da44e0.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 137
Are you verifying Alpha 3 is in fact still using 40577? I know the changelog states 40577 but I wanted verification that was the case and not an oversight as 40577 has issues on my RT-AX58s and 40947 fixes most of them, so didn't want to waste time updating, configuring, etc the router and nodes to find out it's 40577 and deal with the same issues I had when I tested 40577,
There are no public indications that Merlin has received any GPL source from Asus newer than 40577. So believe the changelog and Github and assume it’s still based on 40577.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!