What's new

Traffic Monitor Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wyliec2

Occasional Visitor
New WRT Merlin user. Recently upgraded my RT-N66U to 380_63_2.

Was excited at the Per IP stats and started storing data to a USB flash drive - I did set to create new data files.

Traffic Monitor would work fine for a while and then lose all Per IP data and then the aggregate Daily and Last-24 values - simply saying "No Data in Table".

I tried a couple of times, rebooting the router - it works for a while then the data is gone. I went back to storing data in RAM and am trying that for the last couple of hours. So far it is still tracking the aggregate Daily information but the Per IP stats are blank again.

It's important to me to understand my total usage as I'm evaluating ISP options - I'm currently on 1.5 Mbps DSL (with actual bandwidth at times < .3 Mbps). The only other option is a Verizon 4G LTE wireless but that has some pretty hefty charges for data capacity. My browsing + Windows updates + cell phone wireless seems to hit .75 - 1.5 GB per day pretty routinely.

At .3 Mbps browsing becomes somewhat impossible, particularly with my wife and I both trying to navigate various sites.

In any case, any thoughts on Traffic Monitor stability would be helpful.

If it's more reliable in RAM then I would suspect the issue is the USB flash drive. Try reformating it (make sure you use either FAT32 or ext2/ext3), or try a different drive.

My own router has over 8 months of traffic data at the moment.