What's new

Trend Micro's features in conjunction with dnscrypt?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M

MarCoMLXXV

Currently running John's beta for the newer versions of the RT-AC68U, which works great, but it lacks the later added functionality of Trend Micro's AIProtection. Now I'm having doubts whether I'll stick with the LTS fork or whether I should return to @RMerlin's updated base, after reading these positive posts regarding the added value of Trend Micro's AIProtection.

One thing that comes to mind while considering what to do: does Trend Micro's AIProtection work in conjunction with dnscrypt? I've used this installer scrypt before and it includes an OpenDNS ddns update client (I have premium subscription with OpenDNS for custom settings and a dynamic IP) as well as the possibility to route all DNS-queries on my LAN through dnscrypt, but I'm wondering whether AIProtection plays nicely with it, or bypasses dnscrypt all together. I haven't actually ran them both at the same time.

For all traffic in house I'm using OpenDNS Home, just the devices used by my kid are using OpenDNS Family by default for DNS resolving. At least, that was before I switched to @john9527's beta LTS Fork coming RMerlin's 380.68-alpha2. Now when I enable DNS filtering, while dnscrypt on (included by default in the LTS fork), my router doesn't resolve anything anymore (with DNS servers set on the WAN settings).

Can anyone confirm these two play nicely together and shed some light on this matter?

Thanks in advance!

I am using dnscrypt - opendns home in entware-ng.
When I turn dnsfilter on, both are working well.

My pc which is applied on dnsfilter use opendns family but not encrypted.
And others use opendns home with dnscrypt.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 799
How does AIProtection play when it comes to things like @Adamm Skynet and @redhat27 ya-malware-block?

I had disabled AIProtection as thought it may interfere with these scripts, or have I got that wrong?