What's new

Merlin Features on 88U / 88U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i82register

Occasional Visitor
Contemplating an upgrade to my old 3100AC - 88U or 88U Pro with the intention of installing Merlin.
Seems the 3100 has two features that are missing from the 88U (Lets Encrypt) and 88U Pro (IFTTT) according to the official features page on ASUS website.

Does anyone who owns a 88U / 88U Pro can tell if the Merlin firmware on 88U enables the Lets Encrypt feature, or the IFTTT on the 88U Pro?

IFTTT, Yes:
1692747593394.png

Thank you Wisiwyg.
I think 88U has IFTTT and Alexa enabled in the original firmware regardless of Merlin.
If you have the Merlin firmware, can you also confirm if you get the Lets Encrypt feature on the DDNS (Administration=>Tools=>Local Access Config: Installed Server Certificate)

1692749893104.png

1692749925174.png

Thank you! This helps!

As I already have your attention - are you generally happy with the 88U? Any drawbacks or considerations I should take into account?
Been on it for about 4 years now no issues and very happy with it. It could use a faster WAN port :) but the newer Pro model covers that.
Pretty much loaded Merlin on it after I pulled it out of the box and been solid ever since.

Been on it for about 4 years now no issues and very happy with it. It could use a faster WAN port :) but the newer Pro model covers that.
Pretty much loaded Merlin on it after I pulled it out of the box and been solid ever since.

I agree RE WAN, and also LAN; that's why I am thinking of the Pro as well, but it seems to lack the IFTTT feature which I do utilize. I am not sure if Merlin enables that once installed, or if it remains unavailable.

I agree RE WAN, and also LAN; that's why I am thinking of the Pro as well, but it seems to lack the IFTTT feature which I do utilize. I am not sure if Merlin enables that once installed, or if it remains unavailable.
Will need someone with a Pro model to post a screenshot so just give it abit.

Both are on the AX86U Pro with Merlin.

That's useful; it doesn't come with the original firmware, so I guess Merlin enables that. Thanks!
No, both are also on the Asus firmware and have been for some time.

It could use a faster WAN port :)
I'm able to squeeze out 1.19'ish gb throughput by using a modem capable of Link agg and enabling link agg on wan and lan 4 on the AX88U. This gives me the full overprovisioned 1gb speed from Comcast. I don't know if this link agg feature modem to router is capable of even higher throughput because my incoming service is 1.2 gb max.

I'd be interested if someone has a >2gb service using the link agg setup with a AX88U in this manner to see if it would provide >1.5g throughput.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!