What's new

Turn a LAN Port into Guest ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TikingAlien007

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a device that needs to have faster speeds which can only be achieved by using one of the LAN Ports. However, I want to have that specific device to be a part of the guest network rather than internal network like all the LAN Ports are. Is there any script or way that would force a specific LAN Port onto a guest network ?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a device that needs to have faster speeds which can only be achieved by using one of the LAN Ports. However, I want to have that specific device to be a part of the guest network rather than internal network like all the LAN Ports are. Is there any script or way that would force a specific LAN Port onto a guest network ?

Thanks

It can be done with a script, however the complexity of that script varies based on model. The guest wireless 1 VLANs are tagged out every lan port by default so the easiest solution is a $25 smart switch and configure those VLANs on it, assuming guest 1 is where you want the device.

Fresh tomato (on supported models) can do it in the GUI. The new Asus pro routers have vlans as well (I think some are still in beta firmware only).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!