What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats - WebUI for Diversion statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Crazy, did you 'format the JFFS partition on the next boot', hit Apply at the bottom of the page, and then reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes (with no USB drive installed)?

If not, do so now. Make sure to format the USB drive in a PC first before you insert it into the router again.

This will give you a truly clean install.

HTH. :)

@Crazy, did you 'format the JFFS partition on the next boot', hit Apply at the bottom of the page, and then reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes (with no USB drive installed)?

If not, do so now. Make sure to format the USB drive in a PC first before you insert it into the router again.

This will give you a truly clean install.

HTH. :)

Do I loose all settings in the router or just the add on stuff?

Thanks, it is in the lan section, I thought I’ve seen it in the addon menu before. Did something change?
It used to be there because @Jack Yaz kept all his addons in the addons section of the webui but it has since been moved to be next to diversion under the lan section.

Do I loose all settings in the router or just the add on stuff?
JFFS partition keeps the scripts with their settings and other items you may store there (traffic analyzer DB possibly?). It doesn't remove or erase the router settings themselves.

I'm getting stuck at "uiDivStats: Creating database table and enabling write-ahead logging...".

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but still stuck at the same step.

Code:
uiDivStats: Welcome to uiDivStats v2.0.0, a script by JackYaz

uiDivStats: Checking your router meets the requirements for uiDivStats

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware
Package grep (3.4-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package sqlite3-cli (3310100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package procps-ng-pkill (3.3.15-4) installed in root is up to date.
uiDivStats: New version of uidivstats_www.asp downloaded

uiDivStats: Mounting uiDivStats WebUI page as user1.asp

uiDivStats: New version of taildns.tar.gz downloaded

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware
Package grep (3.4-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package sqlite3-cli (3310100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package procps-ng-pkill (3.3.15-4) installed in root is up to date.
uiDivStats: Creating database table and enabling write-ahead logging...

I have the same issue. Did you solve it in the meantime?

Code:
opkg update && opkg remove --autoremove sqlite3-cli && opkg install sqlite3-cli
something wrong with your entware installation

Last edited:
Code:
opkg update && opkg --autoremove sqlite3-cli && opkg install sqlite3-cli
something wrong with your entware installation
"opkg update" worked

"opkg --autoremove sqlite3-cli" does not work

Consequently
"opkg install sqlite3-cli" reports that sqlite3-cli is already installed.

Sorry, my fault. I have now removed sqlite3-cli with "opkg remove --autoremove sqlite3-cli" and after that could install uiDivStats again.
During the installation I saw an awk error in line 1 but the installation seems to have worked anyway. I now can access submenu in entware-setup and the UI the stats page is displayed again. Thanks for the hint.

Last edited:
"opkg update" worked

"opkg --autoremove sqlite3-cli" does not work

Consequently
"opkg install sqlite3-cli" reports that sqlite3-cli is already installed.

Sorry, my fault. I have now removed sqlite3-cli with "opkg remove --autoremove sqlite3-cli" and after that could install uiDivStats again.
During the installation I saw an awk error in line 1 but the installation seems to have worked anyway. I now can access submenu in entware-setup and the UI the stats page is displayed again. Thanks for the hint.
oops i goofed the command, sorry

I just realized something that I miss from the old uiDivStats. With the old version I could view plain text based stats in addition to the graphs. That made it easy to copy and paste URL's. Has there been any thought or interest to also include the text based stats in the new version?

Last edited:
^^^ I asked about this earlier.. no answer so far.

OMG! uiDivstats is working like a charm here now. This after multiple uninstalls, installs, complete rebuilds of my both my router USB drive and my router.

The one difference this time? A new high-performance USB drive (with router USB setting to 3.0. No 2.4ghz I can detect with my two 2.4 devices).

Thanks Jack Yaz. I never meant to suggest lack of appreciation for your efforts. But if I did, I'm sorry. Thank you for pursuing this script, and thank you for your support on this board.

Best,
Anton

^^^ I/O performance is the gating constraint in so many computer devices. That will be the best $ you ever spent...well ok...maybe. ;)

I just realized something that I miss from the old uiDivStats. With the old version I could view plain text based stats in addition to the graphs. That made it easy to copy and paste domains. Has there been any thought or interest to also include the text based stats in the new version?
^^^ I asked about this earlier.. no answer so far.
grepping the logs was painfully slow, and i won't be bringing it back. i can either link in the weekly stats diversion still creates, or add an option to export the csvs used to generate the charts (may not be that useful without manipulation)

^^^^ Ditto.. again if not much trouble. Thanks for letting us know the reasons why you dropped it - makes sense. Since pixelserv address varies with installer IP range. so it might be more trouble than it's worth? FWIW, I've resorted to just keeping a web page open now to http://pixelservIP/servstats and refreshing when I want an update.

Tried to install UiDivStats and keep getting this error even though logging is enabled in Diversion.

190E9D90-0681-430E-933E-6D515F1E2AEE.png

I made sure no “extra” dns stuff was running, I had been playing with unbound and nextdns so I made sure they were uninstalled and now UiDivStats installed without a hitch. Here is the output now.

Smokey613@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# /opt/bin/grep 'log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log' /etc/dnsmasq.conf
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log
Smokey613@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root#

Can I run unbound without causing diversion issues?

I made sure no “extra” dns stuff was running, I had been playing with unbound and nextdns so I made sure they were uninstalled and now UiDivStats installed without a hitch. Here is the output now.

Smokey613@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# /opt/bin/grep 'log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log' /etc/dnsmasq.conf
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log
Smokey613@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root#
Yeah, NextDNS client doesn’t let anything else load from dnsmasq.postconf, such as Diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online