What's new

Unable to access internet on update to (.22, .23b, .24)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jake1164

Occasional Visitor
I have been running Merlin 260.21 without any issues since it was released. When .22 came out I flashed to the new version and immediately I am unable to access the internet through my router. My router can access the internet and the internet can access the router, but no computers can get anywhere other than the router (local network).

Thread here: http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=9013&page=12

So when .23b came out I flashed to this firmware and it worked for awhile and then during the day about a week after it has been running the internet stopped working again. I do know that when it went down I was accessing my network via a port forwarded port (no idea if this is related). After an hour it came back up and started working until I got home and then it stopped again. Once again I flashed back to .21 and everything is stable.

Today I flashed to .24 beta, Same problem as .22, no computers can access the internet. I rebooted and same problem so I saved the configuration out and did a factory reset and boom, the internet worked. However when I flashed my configuration back the internet stopped working. Flashing back to .21 brought back stability.

Now the questions:
Did some setting after .21 change that could effect this?
Can I export settings to a human readable format so I can input them 1 at a time and see if I can find the breaking change?
Did I mess something I could try short of hand setting all the settings?

I can't think of any particular change that could explain that.

If you want to export the settings in a readable format, telnet to your router, and run the following command:

Code:
nvram show

You can export it to a file. If you have a plugged disk mounted as /mnt/sda1/ for example:

Code:
nvram show > /mnt/sda1/settings.txt

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!