What's new

Unable to access USB 3.0 connected HDD with AX88U on PC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ppat

Occasional Visitor
Hello folks,

Setup: AX88U - Firmware Version: 386.2_2
My setup configuration consists of a ISP router+modem connected to it I have my AX88U. I attached my external hard drive to the USB 3.0 port on the router and also turned on the media server.

Issue: Unable to access the hard drive on PC

1620429924945.png

BUT,
I am able to access the media server on my TV and my PC as follows

1620429617723.png

1620429682839.png

Settings:

1620430073614.png

1620431087872.png

Enable NFSDNo
Enable legacy (NFS V2) supportYes

USB Application - FTP Share
Enable FTPOff
Enable WAN access
Off
Allow anonymous login
Off
Enable TLS supportYes
Maximum number of concurrent connections5
Character set on FTP Server UTF-8

AiCloud 2.0
Cloud Disk Off
Smart Access Off

You can sometimes get this error if the drive is formatted as NTFS and there is an NTFS permissions problem. Try reformatting the drive on the router, preferably as something like ext4.

Is it my imagination or didn't you already create a thread about this?

You can sometimes get this error if the drive is formatted as NTFS and there is an NTFS permissions problem. Try reformatting the drive on the router, preferably as something like ext4.

Is it my imagination or didn't you already create a thread about this?
All the partitions on the drive are NTFS, I cannot reformat it as it is a media server (lots of media content on drive).
Don't try to fix 'old' firmware.

Upgrade to 386.2_4, test, do a full reset to factory defaults if needed, and test again. Then debugging makes sense. :)

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021
I upgraded the firmware to 386.2_4 (with the settings are the same as OP), tested but having the same issue.
I prefer not to do a full reset on it as there are other devices which are connected to its wifi.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!