What's new

Unable to get traffic statistics working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mickael

New Around Here
Hi,

I upgraded my two ASUS AC68U firmwares to the merlin version 380.65 in order to get traffic statistics.

I followed the guide https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Enhanced-Traffic-monitoring but I still don't have any statistics on the traffic history.

I enabled the SSH server, and check that:
  1. my usb key is well formatted ext2 and mounted in /mnt/sda1
  2. I created a custom directory inside the mount point called traffic
  3. I configured the general > tools > other settings, with the following informations:
    1. Traffic history location: /tmp/mnt/sda1/traffic/
    2. Save frequency: 1 hour
    3. Create or reset data files: enabled (but chown now as disabled after saving)
    4. Starting day of monthly cycle: 1
    5. Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring): yes
    6. Create or reset IPTraffic data file: enabled (but chown now as disabled after saving)
    7. Monitor all IPs by default: yes
  4. In the /tmp/mnt/sda1/traffic/, I can see a tomato_cstats_ac9e177bea00.gz file.
  5. I enabled the ON button in General > Traffic analyzer > Statistics
Note that I can see the real time traffic in General > Traffic analyzer > Traffic monitor.

Any advice ?

Thanks,

Look at the System Log for any error message related to the database.

Also make sure you are in router mode - traffic monitoring is not possible in AP or Repeater mode.

I enabled the ON button in General > Traffic analyzer > Statistics

This is unrelated to IPTraffic. IPTraffic can be seen on the Traffic Analyzer -> Traffic Monitor page. Select one of the "Per Device" entries in the pulldown menu on the right.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!