What's new

RT-AX86U Traffic Analyzer Statistics No Longer Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wags1

Regular Contributor
I'm on FW V 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe which as far as I can tell updated on 4/13. I'm seeing no data in Traffic Analyzer Statistics. I don't recall ever having an issue with the statistics before although full disclosure I rarely check it. I see data in the Traffic Monitor but nothing is being logged in statistics and yes, I do have it turned on.

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 uudate was released on 2023/02/07.

Has been working well here including traffic Stats. Try by deleting the current Traffic Analyzer - Statics then turning it off then back on. Worse case do a Hard Factory Reset or Factory Reset and Initialize all settings then manually reconfigure. Could be a corrupt file on /jffs or a wonky /jffs.

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 uudate was released on 2023/02/07.

Has been working well here including traffic Stats. Try by deleting the current Traffic Analyzer - Statics then turning it off then back on. Worse case do a Hard Factory Reset or Factory Reset and Initialize all settings then manually reconfigure. Could be a corrupt file on /jffs or a wonky /jffs.
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and deleted the current Analyzer stats and turned it off and then back on as you suggested. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow to see if stats are back. I’d really like to avoid a reset if at all possible.

From 388_23012 changelog, available for other models:

- Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn’t record data.

Wait for firmware update. No need to reset your router.

From 388_23012 changelog, available for other models:

- Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn’t record data.

Wait for firmware update. No need to reset your router.
Excellent…thanks for that!

What testing? Since I play with Asuswrt every single release has something fixed and something broken. It's a perpetual beta cycle firmware. If the feature is something selling routers (like AiMesh) - you may get better chances for a fix. If it's something more hidden (like Dual WAN) - forget about it. One of the versions had firewall bug recently exposing your devices on Internet when specific settings are selected and IPv6 is enabled. Traditional QoS and Bandwidth Limiter are broken in 388_22525 with IPv6 enabled as well. There are multiple GUI bugs no one cares about.

Here is one:

1682795658553.png

DDNS not working in double NAT? External detection method was implemented in Asuswrt long time ago. It is working. The message is there because it was there before and no one removed it. It's like that for like 3x firmware versions already.

This broken slider is from first 388 release, never fixed:

1682795890491.png

What testing? Since I play with Asuswrt every single release has something fixed and something broken. It's a perpetual beta cycle firmware. If the feature is something selling routers (like AiMesh) - you may get better chances for a fix. If it's something more hidden (like Dual WAN) - forget about it. One of the versions had firewall bug recently exposing your devices on Internet when specific settings are selected and IPv6 is enabled. Traditional QoS and Bandwidth Limiter are broken in 388_22525 with IPv6 enabled as well. There are multiple GUI bugs no one cares about.

Here is one:

View attachment 49765

DDNS not working in double NAT? External detection method was implemented in Asuswrt long time ago. It is working. The message is there because it was there before and no one removed it. It's like that for like 3x firmware versions already.

This broken slider is from first 388 release, never fixed:

View attachment 49766
🤣…well that explains it then.

I found settings combination in 388_22525 that renders the router practically unusable and can't be recovered by reboot, but only with hard reset. For obvious reasons I won't post it here. Reported to Asus as usual. This is why I'm waiting for firmware update as well. Need to check something. :)

Don't play with GUI settings too much.

Follow-up: After deleting the current Analyzer stats and turning it off and then back on again yesterday as bbunge suggested it is working again.

I've had this problem and even after a full factory reset traffic analyzer worked for a short period and stooped working again. I'm currently waiting for an the update @Tceh9 mentioned cause I'm certain software bug.

I've had this problem and even after a full factory reset traffic analyzer worked for a short period and stooped working again. I'm currently waiting for an the update @Tceh9 mentioned cause I'm certain software bug.
Clearly it is a bug. I was just glad to see it started working again, even if it's not permanent. I'm just waiting for the fix in the new FW as well. Hopefully it will be released soon...and doesn't break something else.

This is not the first firmware with Traffic Analyzer issues. I've seen it freezing with other firmware versions. I've seen Web History and Client List freezing on more than one Asus router models. It's better on AX86U, but used to happen all the time on AC86U. Reboot of database clear helps temporarily.

Interesting that for me the Traffic Analyzer keeps working. Granted, I reset and reconfigured the router about two weeks ago after trying Merlin 388.2 but the router/AiMesh system has been rebooted a couple of times since. The data file survives a reboot.
I still suspect a data corruption or corrupt /jffs both of which are fixed by a system reset. Am wondering if folks who have this issue power off the router frequently?

Most of the time it starts working again after reboot only. If you reboot often you may never see it. I also can't reproduce the issue at will because my test router is not up and running all the time, but when I was on a vacation it was left running and when I came back I found both Traffic Analyzer and Web History stuck. I don't remember what firmware version, but one of 388 series stock Asuswrt. This bug is not new and it's intermittent.

FW updated to 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 a few days ago. Traffic Analyzer seems to be working normally again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!