What's new

Unable to install Merlin 384.15 on RT-AC68U running stock 3.0.0.4.385_20253

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve Bender

New Around Here
The stock firmware upgrades fine but when I try to go from the latest Asus firmware to Merlin, I've tried both 384.15 and 384.14_2 and they both immediately say 'Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.' I've tried it from Safari, Firefox, and Brave in case it was a browser issue.

I tried a factory reset and then tried again with the same result.

Any suggestions on what to try next? I don't see any threads on the forum with similar issues so I figure (or hoping) I'm missing something simple.

Is it a genuine RT-AC68U or one from a phone company ( initials TM)

Any USB attached? If so unmount and remove . Double check the firmware version you downloaded , make sure it's 68U and not 86U.

¡Ay, caramba! You nailed it. The FTP site is not in lexicographic order and my eyes thought the 86U was the one. And I even went back and downloaded the 14_2 firmware the same way. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!