What's new

Skynet Unable to Install Skynet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In theory, but not thoroughly tested.
Code:
mkdir /jffs/addons/skynet
/usr/sbin/curl -fsNL --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --max-time 12 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh -o /jffs/addons/skynet/firewall
chmod 755 /jffs/addons/skynet/firewall
ln -s /jffs/addons/skynet/firewall /jffs/scripts/firewall
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall
I think the file is actually being intercepted by curl rather than asd (unless they are linked). A similar curl security issue was reported the other day.

I think the file is actually being intercepted by curl rather than asd (unless they are linked). A similar curl security issue was reported the other day.
If you strace the asd pid you can watch it go nuts reading the script and unlinking it.

Я думаю, что файл на самом деле перехватывается curl, а не asd (если они не связаны). На днях сообщалось об аналогичной проблеме с безопасностью завитков.
I uploaded the file firewall to the /jffs directory not only through curl, cp/mv are also blocked.

If you strace the asd pid you can watch it go nuts reading the script and unlinking it.
That's interesting. I was initially testing by copying some other local script and didn't see the problem. It was only when I downloaded that file that I saw it being deleted. Doing more test copying there seems to be something inside the firewall script that asd is objecting to because I can copy other scripts around without problem.

That's interesting. I was initially testing by copying some other local script and didn't see the problem. It was only when I downloaded that file that I saw it being deleted. Doing more test copying there seems to be something inside the firewall script that asd is objecting to because I can copy other scripts around without problem.
Might be some of the old malware IOC checks Skynet has.

Perhaps yes, since I just removed the bulk of the Check_Security() function and then moved the script to /jffs/scripts. It’s still there now.

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -fsNL --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --max-time 12 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh -o /jffs/addons/skynet/firewall

THANK YOU !!!

Work :)

The fix worked for me as well. Thanks @dave14305.
Stupid ASD.

I just amended my post to warn that my “workaround” might bring problems when Skynet is next updated. You may need to delete the symlink and reinstall when that occurs.

There should now be a hot fix available for Skynet, or ready to install from scratch.
Updated. Going to uninstall, tidy up, and start afresh.

That's a normal message. I can't see anything in your log that indicates a problem with jffs. What did you mean by "if i try access the /jffs/ partition i get permission denied"?
Hi Colin, was referring to my attempt to chmod the scripts folder but i think i used the syntax wrong so ignore that apologies.

Code:
If you use this, you might have problems dealing with the next Skynet update, so be prepared to delete these files/links/directories manually:
Code:
rm -f /jffs/scripts/firewall
rm -rf /jffs/addons/skynet
Dave14305's solution worked. Thanks a megaton

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!