What's new

Unable to login into AC68R unless hard reboot (FIXED)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sean

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have a AC68R running Merlin 378.50. I configured this device yesterday to my liking, and everything was just fine throughout the evening. This morning I wanted to check on some things, but when I tried to login I got this screen :
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68R.
To access the settings of RT-AC68R, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.
The problem is I made no recent changes for this to happen. I was able to login to the router fine before going to bed, and I had made no changes when I did so. Overnight something must have triggered this, just not sure what. All of my devices were still connected this morning and are not having any issues, it's just that I can't login unless I hard reboot it. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there might be a setting I need to turn on/off.

Thanks.

Sean - I've also seen this recently running Asus stock firmware on a RT-AC68P. It wouldn't let me logon using router name, but I was able to get in using IP address. But it required a hard reboot in order to use the router name again. Never bothered to investigate the cause though.

Embarrassing to admit, but I hadn't enabled WAN access. I only had the issue outside of my network. All is well now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!