What's new

Unable to manual upload file for firmware upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This works for me in Firefox.
  1. Browse to the firmware update page.
  2. Open a Web Console with Ctrl-Shift-K.
  3. At the >> prompt, type open_AiMesh_router_fw_upgrade();
That should invoke the firmware upgrade function and open a file browser so you can select the firmware file.
I got this error when I tried the firefox console.

Uncaught TypeError: document.form.file is undefined
open_AiMesh_router_fw_upgrade http://www.asusrouter.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp:1547
<anonymous> debugger eval code:1

Thanks for the tips and advices here.

I have upgraded the firmware to Merlin latest using SCP and ssh command successfully. However, the browse file and upload buttons are still missing. I have soft and hard reset after upgrading the firmware via SCP but the missing issues still there. Nevertheless, I can use this SCP method for future manual upgrading (GUI update not possible) purpose although no buttons are available.

Thanks again for the tips and advises here. Meanwhile, I will stop tweaking for the moment unless there is a different approach or method available.

Cheers!

Normally looks like this and when clicked opens a pop up window to select the firmware file.

View attachment 54185

I did this with Firefox.
Go to the firmware update page then press "Alt" on keyboard then at the top of the browser select "View" > "page style" > "no style"
Now scroll toward the bottom of the update page and you should see an extra button before the "upload" button named "browse" which when clicked opens a pop up window for you to select a file for the update.

View attachment 54186

After you have the file selected and it is showing in the window next to "browse" go back to view > page style and change it back to basic page style then update should start.

This Fix absolutely WORKS! I just used it to finally update my router from 3.88.2_2 to 388.5

Thank you KevTech!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!