1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Updated ac86u to 384.17 and after rebooting WiFi is disabled?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by John Rago, May 4, 2020.

1. John Rago

John Rago New Around Here

Hi,
    I have had great luck with the Merlin firmware for years. So, now I flashed my ac86u with the new 384.17 and everything worked fine. But an hour later the WiFi got disabled. I rebooted and it worked for awhile again but then after about another hour the WiFi got disabled. I rebooted again and the WiFi worked.

I have searched the forum and found the post about how to preform a “network sanitizer” which I performed. Now I find, after a reboot, the WiFi still gets disabled. I reboot again and the WiFi is active. Now it doesn’t get disabled after an hour. So I’ll see how long it stays like that.
    But does anybody have any thoughts about how to get the router to reboot without losing wifi.
    Thanks.